"Magic Bonus" is either broken or worded poorly

In this case it actually DOES mean x2 and not +2, but I couldn’t tell what number it was impacting. It turns out it’s impacting a 1, so if it were +2 it would end up as 3. But it ends up a 2 so it’s definitely doing x, not +.

Actually the x2 is correct even on troops, it’s just people assume it’s applied to the damage number when it’s not.

Example:
Grand Inquisitor
Rites of Faith
Deal Z damage to an enemy, boosted by the number of Whitehelm allies. Gain Barrier. Boost Ratio: x5

The way this is calculated is (Z + (WhitehelmAllies x 5)) NOT (Z x (5 x WhitehelmAllies)). So the x5 is applied to the number of Whitehelm allies, not the damage itself.

Not entirely true. Bonuses like 4 Stormheim and 4 Sword’s Edge that give 10 Health and Armor respectively gain more points each bonus level of their pets. (Though at the moment only Stormheim has a pet)
Having Penguin (Stormheim’s pet) at various levels should give:
Level 1: 20 Health
Level 5: 22 Health
Level 10: 25 Health
Level 15: 28 Health
Level 20: 30 Health

Prideland’s Shymera also gives increases at each level of bonus for 4 Prideland troops (+5 Attack base bonus)

EDIT: Though rereading @Slypenslyde’s comment technically the bonuses discussed so far in their thread are generally Magic ones which have lower base values, so the decimals do in fact have less of a noticeable impact, in these specific cases.

3 Likes

ok i understand

The big confusing issue with Minishroom is the word “Magic”. Magic is used to describe both the stat that increases spell effects and the color purple (i.e., Magic link trait gives extra purple on matches). This is confusing and inconsistent for new players and newly introduced mechanics.

Even better, the bonus stat that having a full purple team grants is magic, so your Magic pet boosts the Magic of Magic teams only. Maybe instead of using Magic, Fire, Air, etc. as team descriptors, you should just use colors instead? Less thematic, but far clearer.

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is there’s no point levelling those pets higher than level 15? LMAO

You dev folk might need to rebalance the pet bonus increase numbers so that each 5 level pet gain actually increases something. Not do nothing because of rounding. From level 15 to 20 it should never be worthless.

I’m pretty sure the xp pet gives his measly 2 xp at level 15 also lol. Clearly a lot of thought was put into these pets.

There should just be 2 levels of bonus. Lv 5 and Lv 20. Lv 5 gives x2 or 2% and Lv 20 gives the x3 or 5%. That’s how I would have done it but hey that’s just me.