Lyre, Lyre (Weekly Event Post)

Noticed this also. My hunch is it has something to do with all the simultaneous token/badge/medal conversions from the new events

3 Likes

Looks like we have to reconfigure our medals every time the new event ends? My whole configuration is empty, even the ones that didn’t use event medals are gone.

My medal sets appear fine. The one trio that had a Medal of Chiefs has that slot empty, but the other eight medal slots are the same as they were before reset.

3 Likes

Right, I had three Medal of Chiefs set up and selected, the other sets are still around when clicking the arrow buttons. :flushed:
I wouldn’t mind one medal configuration tied to the event, similar to the event team. I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve used the wrong medals in battle while switching between the event and other game modes.

3 Likes

So I don’t see it in this thread yet but I want to know before I even bother logging in this week:

Is this event improved in any way from Council of Chiefs?

This week’s event is Tower of Doom.

This is not a “World Event”, it is a stock standard Tower of Doom event.

Of course, I don’t know if that answers the question of “improvement” or not …

Event week should of been:
Lager, Lager

GoW feels like I’m playing on a 56k modem at this point. Basically unplayable.

At least you are on 56k, I am running slowly on my 9600 baud USR external modem, the sound, it brings back such nostalgia…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry @Lyya, but I couldn’t resist.
Lyya's artwork! - #238 by Lyya

One was one made by an amateur artist (not paid as far as I know) the other was made by a “professional”.

I don’t know anything about Art. I believe it’s 100% subjective. I can only speak on what I think looks good and what doesn’t.
One is a “fridge” worthy…the other should learn something from Lyya.

6 Likes

Yeah, this art’s not quite up to the quality of previous entries, but oh well.

Neither was the world event to be fair.

Anyone finding Lyriath useful? She joins Diviner and Lord Ember as the only sub-legendaries who can boost the entire team’s magic, with other stuff (healing, a chance to summon and air link) that might make her useful for scaling content.

I think requiring yellow mana troops and summoning a copy of the first enemy randomly may ultimately be more work than she’s worth, but she seems at least borderline. Interesting troop idea that could be really good with a few minor tweaks

It’s also worth noting that the art styles are different! Gems of War has thicker outlines, and a different feel to the art @lyya produces. The art Lyya makes is amazing, no question, but it is different to what we have in game.

1 Like

What about Mad Prophet and Festival Cow?
/s

Yeah, I know they’re trash.

At this time, I just don’t see a use for it. Giving 2 magic per cast is far too slow for it to ever scale nicely and giving life usually isn’t enough unless repeatedly done. I prefer Holy St. Astra any day of the week since giving Life and Armor is essentially doing the giving twice (barring true damage) and she can self-enchant to repeat the process and creates a lightstorm to tilt the board to her favor.

The 35% chance to summon a copy of the first Enemy is interesting, but relying on that to win a match is iffy at best.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming.

And Astra does it without all the restrictions Lyriath imposes.

The summon does give Lyriath some comeback ability, but indeed, why not use a proper comeback troop instead?

Lyriath after seeing her artwork.

lyriath2

5 Likes

What’s wrong with Mad Prophet? I think he looks alright. A bit worn out maybe, but that’s what running around in the desert does for you.

1 Like

But I think it hardly excuses how BAD some arts are. Just by looking at tail feathers of the new troop you can see how flat and 2D it really is. Substandard and tracing arts will keep plaguing this game it seems…

1 Like