Lvl 200 vs a lvl 1000 is just dumb

What are they supposed to be responsive to? There’s not consensus. For every person that complains about it, there’s a person that likes it. In fact, I see way more people in this thread that like it than dislike it. If anything, they’re being responsive by not bending to the wishes of the minority…

1 Like

Studs, you’re the one who said it was “complete BS” that complaints don’t generate dev responses on this issue. Now you say the lack of dev response is deliberate. You can’t have it both ways.

No, I said they’re either (a) not being responsive b/c there’s not consensus that it’s an issue that needs to be addressed or (b) are being responsive by not making a change b/c the majority of folks don’t want a change. Put differently, inaction is responsive when folks don’t want you to do something.

1 Like

No, you didn’t. Here’s the portion of my post that you first responded to:

Then you said this:

Your own words, Studs. There was no “lack of response means they have decided to wait for consensus or they believe everything is fine” in your post. You just said it was BS that complaints on this issue don’t get responded to. But you won’t admit that your OP wasn’t the refined, subtle, deep piece of thinking that you’re trying to retcon it into.

I think we’re done here.

I have commented on this very topic in the past but was advised to try the fight and see what happens. I find that the level of the player really doesn’t matter. The traits that the troops have can make the fight very dangerous but it comes down to how the AI plays that team. And for the most part, the AI has rules that help you during the game. Certain steps it follows every time. You can use that to your advantage. I have and regularly beat many of high level player’s teams. The luck of the board can swing both ways at times but . . . ya gotta try. If the fight doesn’t look like it’s going your way, retreat or shut the game down and start over.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Gob Chomper has no teeth:

Continuing the discussion from Guild updates delayed?:

hero is working for revamp: 1.09
pvp is working for revamp: 2.00
guild is working for revamp: 2.01

Im pretty sure, that you will have some issues to beat a very high lvl player with many teams.
Personally i like/love the challenge and i beat 95% of the teams (lvl1000 too) and im lvl170.
Keep in mind, that i play a slow control deck and i need 5+ min to beat higher lvl-teams. But thats no issue for me.

I don’t mind fighting the level 1000 guys, what I dislike the most is when I don’t have the right team to defeat them and I press the skip button I find this same guy multiple times in a row wasting gold, time and server resources. I wish when I pressed the skip button, I would not see this opponent for minimum of 4 hours.

I am level 220 now, but I have been beating level 1000’s since around level 130 or so. I am very limited in my team options so I use the skip button far more often, but once I get more trait stones and other cards, I’ll have more options and most likely use the skip button less.

I seen and defeated my first lvl 1000 when iwas lvl 89. Havent even noticed players level now. Only what team theyare defending with .
:smiling_imp:

This is definitely true… though obviously there’s some correlation between player level and the gathering of kingdom bonuses, ascensions and so on…

What would be really handy is a better way of judging the relative strength of teams - this has been talked about before - say an overall Threat (or Team Power, or Battle Rating, etc etc) score for the enemy team, taking into account their stats, traits, rarity, all bonuses, etc etc… so you could see, say my team is Threat 456 and the enemy is Threat 727 - that’s gonna be a hard battle… and display this Threat score on the pvp find opponent screens…

2 Likes

I really like the idea of having an objective team rating. (Kind of reminds me of gear score / ilvl from WoW.) Even with scouting and knowing your opponent’s level, you can’t be sure how tough they are because troop strength can vary so much thanks to ascension, traits, etc. You’d just have to figure out a fair way to calculate it; the strength of some things may be difficult to quantify. Factors could include: Troop level, base rarity, number of traits, number of level 10 kingdoms, and number of five star kingdoms.

Just press on your opponents unit card before battle and you can see its level, traits ect. Very easy to calculate @Brakkish
:wink:

2 Likes

You can? Huh, learned something new today. Well, I feel dumb now.

1 Like

LOL Mr. @Brakkish, no no not dumb. Thats sort of why we have a forum.
Pays to read it.

Well yes that does help but you’d have to click each card separately and do all the maths yourself, so the quick ref renew score idea is still very handy (and common in some other similar games I’ve played).

I have mixed feelings about this. There’s always something wrong with these “power” algorithms and I think it causes people to too narrowly focus on the score. I suppose it’s no different from the complaint of lvl 200 vs lvl 1000, but I worry any power score will be reductionistic and misleading.

1 Like