Luck scroll ToD

pc/mob

Why does the luckscroll in Tower of Doom still exist while we get 2 doompoints anyway. IMO it’s a waste of a sigil than…

So you would rather have a useless scroll that doesn’t add to your tally?

3 Likes

Does it add up to 4 points than?

Yes if you get a Luck Scroll in a room and clear the floor it’s 4 Dooms total.

2 Likes

well I still get just 2 points when using shield + luck scroll

Luck adds two extra dooms to the total. You still get another 2 when you beat the doom at the end. Luck is the best scroll to get actually.

8 Likes

Luck scroll is equivalent to clearing 2 floors (when NOT counting the event weapon’s 2x bonus), which would otherwise require 4-10 (average 7) Sigils to do. FAR more useful than, say, a Scroll of Haste.

Now with the 2x event weapon bonus, it is still equivalent to an average of 3.5 Sigils which is nearly twice as good as a Valraven.

So knowing that, why does this scroll feel bad?

3 Likes

What kind of scroll would you prefer instead of a luck scroll?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure almost nobody wants anything “instead” of a Luck scroll. Unless you want to listen to certain players who seem to enjoy ruining things for the rest of us :thinking:

6 Likes

since you are here, i think i can speak for the ENTIRE player base that if a room has been scouted that information should be available IN GAME and not a fast moving in game chat or a 3rd party website, yes tarrans is very useful but it would be so much better if instead of it saying random scroll upon entering a room it actually says what the scroll is after it has been beaten already by a guild mate.

8 Likes

Heck, slap on a 50G “scouting fee” (for rooms already cleared by other members in the Guild) just like already there is before battles (for everyone not VIP3) and call it a day.

Instead of asking this. Tell the devs to make it where once a guild mate scouts the room it shows what scroll is in there for the rest of the guild.

6 Likes

I mean, I’d prefer one that gives more than 2 dooms, obviously, but that’s basically just asking for the luck scroll to be better, rather than something instead. Lol.
Otherwise, luck scrolls are definitely the best option available, possibly tied with or followed closely by heroism scrolls, since those give dooms and other rewards, so potentially they could give the normal doom and one luck scroll (unlikely but possible).

If you’re asking for a new scroll idea, I can’t think of anything better than luck and heroism scrolls, so I’d just stick with those.

Yeah, I agree that everyone wants a method of sharing what’s inside a room within the game. Even something like it auto-posting to the guild chat when you clear the room, if nobody else has cleared it, kinda like when you get a mythic or reach the top alliance level it auto-posts in chat. Not as good as it just showing it on the menu when you select a room, but anything would probably be better than the current awkwardness.

1 Like

have you noticed, he popped his head in then when a use full request was made he disappeared

Bramble saw the opportunity, so when they nerf luck scrolls they can say “ the players told us they didn’t like luck scrolls so we changed it” lol. Obviously OP is confused on what Luck scrolls actually do.

That’s the wrong question, unless you are being sarcastic in a too subtle way.

This is really about scoring. Tower of Doom used to grant 1 point per floor (for defeating the Doom), 2 points per Luck scroll. Scoring got changed quite a while ago, to encourage players into spending more. We now get 2 points per floor (for defeating the Doom), provided we buy and put the entirely useless featured weapon into our team. This isn’t exactly optional, because score requirements to unlock rewards got doubled too. Luck scrolls didn’t get improved along, which apparently qualifies as indirect nerf major enough to cause all officials to spontaneously disappear whenever the topic comes up.

If you are looking for a better question, asking how the community would feel about improving Luck scrolls to 3 points as compromise might be a good one. That only really works out if it gets acted on though, apparently feedback forwarded to the devs tends to spontaneously disappear as well.

11 Likes

Only problem with the luck scroll is that it’s not included in the headstart, while there usually is one in the skipped floors.

This once again comes down to the guild communication and prepping up your guild mates. Acknowledging how the system works and informing your eager to scout guild mates can deny a lot of frustration.

This is ANCIENT info table but once user figures it out and understands how ToD actually works, life is good in an odd GoW guild.

Luck scrolls have a meaning, they work accordingly and I will vote a big YES to an update where if a guild member scouts a room, the floor will be updated to show the floor rooms and the scrolls/boons inside to other guild members. This would be amazing life quality update.

Oh btw, if posting the info pic leads to a total remake of ToD system, I pass my sincere apologies. But hey, I suppose posting information that benefits the player base that gets nerfed in the next hour is a trend now (Maze banner mess).

I think I’ll survive the hate lol. :rofl:

4 Likes

a bit late, but thank you for explaining. I was confused and thought it would add up in total.