Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

That’s not really true: it will reward those players that devote time to exploring the scoring mechanisms, and those guilds that efficiently communicate and compare notes to quickly figure out the bullseye approaches… until it leaks out on the forum and we all know it :smiley:

2 Likes

I suspect that might not work out, reading the small print there’s quite a lot of overlapping factors here.

Let’s pick a simple example, Mab and Valk on your side, both filled, almost dead troop on opponent side. Would it be better for your score to fire Mab directly for the win? Or would it be better to first fire Valk (using an extra turn and collecting mana), then fire Mab for the win?

This won’t be easy to determine, the answer likely depends on what else happened during the match. And once you really know the answer, the formula might silently get changed again, actually making you pick moves that are detrimental for your score. I’d like to be able to tell whether one of several available moves is “good” or “bad” in regards to my score.

1 Like

So I may have skimmed the 180 comments here and don’t really know how to handle all of that right now. I’m just gonna address Sirrian’s post and comment as I see things:

1. Paragon should still seem like its worth more to win against (and so on with the other ranks).

2. Changing the scoring system to something more complicated is OK, but only if we know exactly what it is. People who want to maximize points, like yours truly here, do not like not knowing how to do it. Sorry lol.

3. I feel like 10% is too little a bonus. Nobody is going to notice that one, or they might chalk it up to kingdom differences if they’re paying a bit of attention. An alternative might be to have it at 25% or 20% but not let it stack twice - having lots of events where there’s only one or two that stack, anyway. This means you can release another Daemon in Blighted Lands and not have that happen again.

4. The 27 players being counted instead of 30 seems alright. I wouldn’t have pushed for it myself but it takes a lot of pressure off everyone.

5. Better defense menu for GW is good. Incentive to use different troops? Hell yes. Nobody wants to see 30 Famines and Psions (that’s each, not total).

6. New UI would be excellent. Want to see that finished of course.

7. Soulforge we knew was coming, can’t wait. I can have 3 million souls if I want, and I am now missing a troop for the first time in ages (freaking Infernus) soooo I would like this to happen now… :stuck_out_tongue:

8. Dungeons look like an awesome concept, that should be fun.

Not related but worth pointing out while devs are reading… please for the love of god give us our UI without the arrow buttons. We had it before, we want it back. Drop-down menus! That was fine!

And for some other readers: I keep seeing comments about Treasure Maps (still). Sure, we still have tons of them, but we can go through them super easily with 4x speed now. I’m liking them even more than I did.

OK OK finally. Everyone please stop complaining about disparities between platforms. The devs are working on it. They aren’t made of magic, no matter how much they appear to be. We’ll get it on a level playing field eventually.

10 Likes

Just to clarify my point on this. I don’t think Treasure Maps are a pain or need that much work (though I do farm them out to my girlfriend to play since she actually enjoys them :stuck_out_tongue: ), it’s more that every other type of currency in the game is currently available from them, so adding Jewels into the mix would make sense. (More so than adding them to explores or PVP)

I dont have time for treasure maps, as they give very low rewards, and yet still can pvp faster then these things anyways. having 2000+ could sure be useful in many ways in coverting to something else. && Lucky for those who have a significant other or others that can do maps for them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do hope that Sirrian has not explained because there may still be some changes before next reset and that he will do it before GW starts next week.
It is obvious that we will need to know how the scoring system work to play. How could you try to win a contest if you don’t know what is expected of you?

9 Likes

Preach on brother, I really like the dungeons every day, anything to keep me playing more and be excited about it

2 Likes

I do love the idea of having 24 different troops in GW defense, that’ll keep battles interesting! That said, could we have different Hero classes and weapons count as different troop types. For example have a Mechanist w Black Manacles on Day 1, Archer with Spider Totem on Day 2, DeathKnight with Creeping Death on Day 3, etc. This would require changing how the Hero classes & weapons are chosen but I would love to have that option!

7 Likes

Defense bonus should be substantial and not a win/loss variable to make it viable else the perceived need to be lazy and place a meta will override the desired design.

To quote Stannis Baratheon, “fewer.”

:grin:
-Amungus, the grammarian

3 Likes

Awesome but what about Guild Wars for Xbox One (and PS4)? Are we getting these changes too or will it be until we get the next big update patch?

Thanks for news and updates.
Looks promising.
Except event bonus .
Now Double bonus troops (10% x 2) will be weaker than current single bonus troops (25%).

1 Like

You should keep 25-50% event bonus overall, but remove it from GW.

1 Like

Sirrian said that these changes are all being done on the server side and will take effect for all platforms, so we will get them too.

2 Likes

I may have missed that point - like I said, I didn’t read everything. That actually seems like a really good idea, and another natural incentive to use maps.

1 Like

I was wondering the same!

We will get 300 points per fight and 10% event troop but we will need update for other changes (27 players and defense team bonus)

1 Like

Ok thanks.

I want my…I want my GW.

24 different cards will make GW offense too easy. I think devs should be aiming for good playets to get 25 wins rather than the current 29.5.

A metric like 2 percent extra stats per unique card might work.

Yes this will make meta teams too powerful but on plus side you will only see them once or twice a week.

when you meet the meta teams good playets will abandon mono color to get the win. This sort of behaviour would be great.

if you agree please like and quote so the devs can see