Lore Question: Princess Fizzbang

How i imagine Elspeth’s logic:

Elspeth: [Scribbing on a scroll full of random doodles.] _Nymphs are like, totally green and Goblins are “tots” green too, sooooo… They can probably have babies together.

Tassarion: [Looking the princess’s work over her shoulder after sighing mentally when he notices a vulgar caricature of himself improperly using Anu’s Scepter saying “No Hands!”] Errr… This… theory… in the absence of a better expression… seems very vague majesty. Many beings are not capable to produce offspring with other beings just because they have similar colors.

Elspeth: Hmmmm… [Starts a new doodle in the corner of her scroll] Tass, be a dear and send a letter summoning that Hero of Krystara or whatever.

Tassarion: Certainly milady, but why?

Elspeth: We need a Goblin and a Nymph to prove my theory.

Tassarion: But princess, i didn’t mean that… You shouldn’t… Think about the consequences!

Elspeth: Oh shut it! You said yourself i should be engaged in my studies, and now i’m totally like making science stuff! I have a theory and to prove it i need to make tests! Easy peasy!

Tassarion: Oh gods…

Elspeth: [Visibly impatient] Taaaasss, i’m waaaaiting…

Tassarion: Princess, please, can’t you reconsider…

Elspeth: Tassarion, NOW!

It took a while, but hopefully i could grasp Elspeth’s tone well enough. :rofl:

Well, this thread surely was fun and a good creative outlet.
Perhaps @Saltypatra would consider making a writing contest with stories involving the world of Krystara and it’s inhabitants. :wink:

5 Likes

:laughing: Yes, yes, I can totally see her wanting to do that! Super-well written!:rofl:
But what then? Why would a goblin of any kind and a Nymph even consider having a child? I doubt either of them would just listen to an elven princess like that.
That said, I wish Elspeth’s storyline would have had stuff like that - her actually causing havoc with her attitude - in it and not some endless ‘shopping’ quest which basically had no peak, no point and no meaning. Her personality alone is enough to cause a million interesting questlines. Just seeing what you came up with for such a silly topic makes me realize again how much potential was kind of lost there with Elspeth. Hope she appears in another official storyline again sooner or later.

1 Like

Personally i would say fizzy is in fact the biological child of gobblecrotch and the goblin king (why doesn’t he have a name? I shall call him Burf)

Lets not forget that fizzy is still quite young yet and that would make her a millenial…

So plastic surgery would explain the nose, hair dye for the hair color, and contacts for the eye color. Add to that the typical attitude of young ppl who never want to be like their parents and there you go!

Her magical ability comes from her momma jeans since gobblecrotch is also magical in her abilities!

Those are my thoughts…

how about some powerful magic entity casted a “curse” on the pregnant grapplepot

the curse said: “your daughter will be ugly, tainted by magic, she will not belong to your lot”

and so she was. born ugly and deformed by the goblin standards, tainted by magic and definitely not a normal goblin. she plays magic tricks insead of a good whacking. other goblins consider her an abomination, wich is completely overlooked by other races thinking she is just so “cute”, “adorable” and magical.

she actually had a sad childhood where other goblins didnt want to play the whack-an-ogre or pick-the-snot with her since she was cheating with the magic.

at least she managed to get as lively as the other goblins her age.

3 Likes

Oh, now this is good. She barely has a nose, and it’s not pointy at all! She hasn’t got any fangs! Look at her tiny, tiny head!

I suppose the rest of the goblins warmed up to her once she started causing all these explosions, though.

3 Likes

Oooh, I really, really like this, too! And I also feel like her explosions were likely the only thing that made her ‘goblin-like’ at first. Her parents obviously have some eating-theme going on (the Goblin King with his skill and his wife with her lore and name and…basically everything) and are both pretty huge guys while the rest of the goblin race seems rather tiny. Maybe huge size is a sign of royalty for goblinkind? Given how chaotic they are, physically impressive appearance and strength when the race is normally more focused on speed/stealth might be seen as a special ‘gift’. One that Fizzbang doesn’t share with her parents at all.
It’s also noticeable that she - now of age - still even dresses very differently from the other goblins. They all seem to prefer rather ragged clothes in simple styles (especially Fizzy’s parents, actually) while Fizzy wears extremely elaborate clothes with magical runes. I wonder if maybe the explosions more or less scared the other goblins who might have bullied her as a child (given that she killed four of her brothers and all…) and so, she realized that she might as well be different all the way and become respected through that since she can’t obviously really fit in.

Now I really wish we would have more lore. There’s so many possibilities how that idea alone could go - and we have seen enough havoc caused by the Old Gods that I think that the possibility of Fizzy being ‘cursed’ maybe just for the heck of amusement of one of them is totally plausible.

2 Likes

I’d say that’s more the other way around. The strongest goblin hoards valuables for themselves and uses force to fend off direct challenges from other goblins. So the goblin king was at some point the physically toughest goblin, and he used that advantage to build up a pile of wealth, which he now uses to maintain his position by paying other goblins to work for him. The king decides who gets what and how much, so it’s unsurprising that he’s fat. At some point another goblin will challenge and kill him, or he’ll croak on his own, and the next toughest goblin ends up on the throne. I like that Goblin King doesn’t have a specific name, because we can assume that it’s a completely new goblin every time he appears.

Goblins who can’t overpower and replace the current king have to instead be sneaky or clever if they want a cut of the biggest goblin’s hoard. Convince a guard to let you into the king’s storehouse, in return for a share of your haul. Convince the king that you would yourself be a loyal guard, and then quietly take things which you think the king won’t miss. The goblins who can’t be tough, sneaky, or clever, well, they just have to deal with being pushed around. I guess they end up as mushroom farmers, goatherds, and so on. The peasantry of goblin society.

Grapplepot, though, she’s so good of a cook that nobody wants to challenge her position. Her blend of eleven herbs and spices keeps the other goblins always coming back for more. It’s finger-lickin’ good!

1 Like

I don’t think the king or the queen are the parents. They kidnapped her from Shrek and Fiona because the donkey is a sh**y babysitter. :slightly_smiling_face: