Looking to Speed up Play (Maw/Mercy)

I usually avoid filling Maw directly and use Carnex’s mass explosion in this team;

The Great Maw***
Carnex***
Keeper of Souls*** (Bone Dragon*** for defense)
Green Slime***
Wolf Banner (Green/Blue)

Why green slime instead of giant spider?

Green slime is much better then giant spider it get +13 random stats

edit if it doe’s +13 magic it become +26 random stats

That is a huge bug omg. On pc/mobile we never had something that good. That is faster than ever, it is not supposed to work like that but to each their own.

Lol i know it’s why i said untill they fix bug :slight_smile:

Nature Link + Jinx > Magic Link.

It’s why I also use the Green/Blue Banner, Green Slime charging is top priority.

When you said bug i thought you meant the multi-devour trait bug with bone dragon or (enter skull generator spammer here)

Before Mercy was out I used Soothsayer as my 4th…not great, but empowered and from the row/column you destroy you can often get 5-6+ mana towards your maw. He also can use green mana. Again not ideal, but one of the better options from a list of not great options (if you don’t have Mercy traited).

Are you able to estimate how many challenge matches that took? I could do with grinding them too

I go with
Maw***
Bone Dragon
Mercy***
Valkyrie***

Double Brown flag

Valkyrie is too valuable for me to remove, doesn’t change the fact that this it’s still a very quick team.

The one thing that sucks is the momentum can SOMETIMES be lost towards the last guy remaining, usually its a quick kill, but occasionally you lose momentum and have to rely on the board morphers to drop skulls.

I recommend Keeper of Souls over Bone Dragon on offense unless, of course, it’s a Knight/Construct team.

Bone Dragon is perfectly fine for defense though, recommended even.

I really like bone dragon specialy against Gloom leef full traited cause it return 25% of your attack so removing her armor before hitting will kill it very quick and deal you less damages

I thought that as well but in practice i still prefer bone dragon paired with maw. Keeper takes longer to charge and I found I was going through matches faster with bone dragon.

Bone dragon starts out extremely high-powered and tapers off as armor goes away, usually it’s strong enough to wipe teams when paired with Maw.

Occasionally a match will drag on because you are out of armor and relying on skull drops and minimum creation with bone dragon. I find this doesn’t happen terribly often and is easily countered by generally faster match speed most of the time.

And if I wasn’t so stubborn about valkyrie the team would be even faster with a damage dealer or another creation card thrown in.

What if you face, say a Giant team?

Giant teams I would say are the exception as opposed to the rule.

With a giant team, I agree keeper would be better, with the vast majority of other teams though I have had better luck with BD

I think it’s wise to have two teams with each in one, to cover all bases

1 Like

100% agree