Looking for advice for a middle of the road guild

I’m not too sure how to link A topic or I’d put my recruitment page here for you too.

As you’re planning, keep in mind minimums are just that, the least your guild will tolerate.

Communicate with the frustrated members, some may never be happy until they are hitting 300k+, 300t, 1500 seals, and your more casual members will never reach that.

With Guild Wars coming out next week, you really have an option to have much different requirements than what we’ve had before. Something like 100k gold, plus play all your guild war matches, plus 500 seals. This can free up those that don’t like PvP while still helping the guild advance.

Welcome to the best damn forums on the Internet! :wink:

In all seriousness, welcome @Synnah!

There is so much good advice above, I wont muddy the water with anything else, but allow me to say this: The fact that you chose to seek out advice to better lead your guild already shows that your guild is in good hands. Trust your instincts, discuss the needs/desires of your guild with your guildmates and together guide your guild to whatever greatness YOU ALL decide. It is an exciting ride. Enjoy it! :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you, all, for your input once again. Everyone here rocks!

I will certainly be doing some thinking over the next few days and will have to put together some small form of a recruit thread soon.

Here’s another question… are there guilds out there that have tried a “this or that” type of requirement system? Perhaps someone would rather do seals over gold, or gold over trophies, etc?

I know many at the mid-level seem to need to work a fair amount on their kingdom levels so I don’t know that I feel appropriate enforcing a gold-or-go when they could be given options. (I leveled my kingdoms after level 400 because I had no idea what kind of bonus it was LOL!)

Yes.
We had that perhaps a over a year ago, and a few others Guilds have had similar requirements. I think at the time it was like 150 per week. Everything was less plentiful back then so this will seem low by todays standards. With a 150 minimum a person could do 50k Gold and 100Tropies, or vice versa, or just 150k Gold, or whatever combination they wanted.

1 Like

Oh NICE! I hadn’t thought of breaking it down like that… I really like that idea.

1 Like

But bear in mind, the only things that really benefit your guild members are gold contributions and seals. A casual or mid-range guild probably shouldn’t be worrying about trophies at all (the tiny bit of daily gold bonus that you get from trophies isn’t worth actively working on). @Strat’s example came from the era before seals were even introduced.

2 Likes

Yeah, I definitely don’t see trophies as any big deal in a guild like the type I’m thinking of. I’m very interested in seeing the guild wars next week though!

1 Like