Live/real time PvP

Bone Dragon for mana loop counter, Gloom Leaf for skull loop counter, and high HP for cast loop counter. Even with first cast empowered, the board has to be set up right to do so. Missing a cast on a loop team will just give the other player a game, especially if they have non-loop troops with better spells. Some loop teams can also be hurt by magic reduction, such as a 4x cursed team. First turn would also be handed out randomly, so everyone would have around the same chance of attempting a loop build if they choose. There are also going to be a lot more troops before anything like this is even considered to be added to the game, by which time the devs would likely have added even more counters for looping.

I’m probably one of the few players that has not interest whatsoever in real PvP.
It simply holds no attraction to me to:
1- Wait endlessly while someone (human is much better at this than AI) planning ahead makes endless moves.
2- Get a loss while I lose connection on the subway to work.
3- Play with a timer (which I admit is neccessary to prevent stalling), so essentially be forced to stay at my laptop or phone while other things happen around me (kids vying for attention for example)

7 Likes

Agree fully with this…

Real competitive PvP doesn’t excite me…

1 Like

But it still should be an option for those of us who would have fun it :slight_smile:

I am not saying it shouldn’t be.
But as real time PVP development is going to cost a significant amount of time and resources to develop, I would prefer the developers to focus their time on other parts of the game. Parts of the game that I would play (new kingdoms, new minigames, etc.)… It’s a bit of a selfish way of reasoning, but hey, I’m only human… :wink:

1 Like

With target battles so I could get a lot of defenses. :3

I’m not so sure that the number of kingdoms will increase much more, or tributes would become a very simple way of farming gems, which isn’t in their best interest. .

Plenty of space still left on the map for new kingdoms. I see no reason why there shouldn’t be more kingdoms, especially since the people who get lot’s of tributes are advanced players who have little to no incentive to buy gems anyway…

2 Likes

I agree with this, I am pretty sure that there will come more kingdoms with the banner type that Blighted Lands has(+2,+1,-1 manas). Perfect for teams that doesnt use the -1 mana color in a team. One can also see at the map that there is places for new kingdoms multiply places.

@DonBoba About building a real time PVP. It would be nice to met our friends in a battle, or even teach some about the game or how a team works. Making it ranked will just be hurtful, since the starter of the battles might get too much of an adventage. Doesnt help with scissor, stone and paper, its like one have already lost by ending up 2nd.

The server we have now might as well go bananas with a real time PVP…

There are 31 kingdoms in total… count the cloudy areas on the map…

The devs said a while back that there will be 25-30 kingdoms for the game. The map has 30 total slots based on my counting. There is also some troops in the files right now oddly marked as kingdom 33. Since the file system in the game starts at 0, that could possibly be as many as 34 kingdoms.

Of course, they can always expand the map. They’re allowed.

1 Like

In the game files, I found kingdom names of 34 kingdoms. 31 of which sound like actual kingdom names, and 3 more that sound like pseudo-kingdoms (such as the imp kingdom Primal, which is one of them).

On the map I can see 31 kingdom locations, which fit the numbers nicely. At first I also found 30, until someone pointed out the 31st.

2 Likes

You can also have non-kingdom such as Primal.

They can just split some clouded area into 2. It’s not a real map so they can manipulate it.