List of Quality of Life Improvements

@actreal tagged me in your thread, so I tagged you in this one.

1 Like

A guild member brought this one up:

A number of completed moves counter for treasure hunt, specifically so you could tell how close you were to getting 61 for the seals reward, but also to know how close you are to your next traitstone.

1 Like

Definitely add ‘automatic collection of guild seals’, seeing that everywhere.

WTB the guild activity log back :frowning: (idk if it was removed as a measure to prevent people from checking how fast their battles are - those who want to will stopwatch them anyway), it was useful, all it needed was 2-3 filters (to check contributions only for example, or activity by person).

Please bring it back (I didn’t see anywhere if it was explained why it’s gone now, nothing beyond “yes we removed it”)

1 Like

@Mithran, I always assumed the counter was deliberately excluded, but added nonetheless.

@Shimrra, added auto collecting seals.

@Fifthelement, added guild activity log.

@Studs. @Shimrra

FYI: simple method to avoid melting the servers Sirrian wrote about

1 Like

I thought I read it somewhere but now I can’t find it. As a guild master I would like to be able to send a mass message to guild members mail. A lot of players don’t turn on or read chat. I don’t want to have to kick them for not doing something without giving them notice. That would be my number one LoQ improvement!!!

3 Likes

I already have a bullet about enabling guild leaders to message their members :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with pretty much everything on this list… Only thing I could really add to it would be the ability to disable skill confirmation, so that when you click a skill, it automatically casts; although I’ve voiced my opinion on here about that before and not too many seemed pleased with the concept. (I’m not sure why… If you don’t like it, keep skill confirmation on?) Skill confirmation is just a mistake deterrent for newer players, anyway.

I added it. I can see why one would want it. It’s up to the dev team to prioritize things.

Sort of a borrowed thought, as I was reading another post about it, but I agree that it would improve the QoL when playing GoW:

A reliable, alternative source of soul gains (NOT exclusively Valkyrie).

1 Like

I’m avoiding stuff like that here since it’s a balancing change involving buffs/nerfs. This is really intend to focus on user experience issues, not gameplay. But I fully support it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you level up and are on the selection screen for which mana color you want to increase, we don’t care about total mana levels. We care only about hero mana levels. I don’t want my kingdom or guild mana bonuses factored in when I make a decision about which mana color to increase. Please change the mana numbers on the bar that comes up on the left to only reflect hero mana mastery levels, not total. (Something distinguishing your class mana bonuses would be nice as well). As of now I’m having to constantly keep in mind which mana colors I need to increase to keep in line with the rest, which you can’t check on when you’re already at the screen deciding which mana mastery to increase.

Fair enough, but (playing Devil’s Advocate for a second) my experience is ruined when I have to have the same troop on all of my teams or suffer a 80% loss in souls, which are the only way to level up troops.

:expressionless:

1 Like

Unfortunately, this problem only exists on console. On PC/Mobile, it only shows Hero mastery levels.

3 Likes

I support all of these :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if this was mentioned… But I would really love to see Souls as a currency that you can easily see from the main page (like gold and gems), it’s arguably one of the most important currencies and deserves a spot there. Right now it’s really irritating having to check how much souls I have by going through multiple mini loading screens. This is especially applicable for most players until they have reached max kingdom stars, which takes forever.

P.S.
Fixing the broken soul gain would actually be a huge quality of life change. It doesn’t even have to do anything with Valkyrie balance wise, they could keep her exactly the same but just change the current way souls are implemented. I think it deserves a spot on the list. Being forced into using a single troop to get one of the most important currencies is a sign of a broken system. “improve the way souls are gained” would be a great addition to this list, in my opinion. Especially since this does ruin user experience being pigeonholed into a specific team in order to get a main currency. There’s a problem when you feel bad as a player for trying out different mana colors because then you get less than 10 souls per battle.

I agree with all the rest of the points. Any of those would be great to see in the game.

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m not going down the rabbit hole of buffs/nerfs. I fully agree with everyone that the way Souls are implemented could use a re-think, but that’s clearly beyond the scope, as spelled out at the outset. Having much easier access to Gems would really improve my quality of life, but that doesn’t make it a quality of life issue. Similarly, it would really improve my enjoyment of the game if Stormheim troops were redesigned to have better synergy that takes advantage of their massive life pools. In case it’s not clear, these examples are intended to demonstrate that it’s a slippery slope. Right now I think the list is pretty clearly filled with things that are strictly quality of life. If you want to do a big list of buffs/nerfs/redesigns/etc. then feel free. I will gladly contribute!

All that said, I’ve added showing Souls currency.

3 Likes

Here’s another one for the list, make a feature to allow you to see what traitstones it will take for more than just the most immediately available trait. For instance, if you were looking at crimson bat and didn’t have any traits on it, you could click on the troop, scroll to the third trait, and find out how many traitstones is needed for that third trait. Currently you would only be able to see what is required to acquire the first trait. Another idea would be some sort of in-game list that would tell you just how many of each traitstone you needed to completely trait all released troops and classes.

2 Likes

@VegaDark541 Added :slight_smile: