List of Quality of Life Improvements

Wasn’t sure if I ought to make a new thread or not for this, since this thread has so much traction now…

Colored borders on troops in the pre battle menu and similar areas as shown below. How easy would that be? I can think of one, maybe two people who wouldn’t want this. This could be in scouting but also in your own troop area with all 20-or-hopefully-more-soon(?) teams.

Rough mockup only. Can already see the appeal.

I also just put this thread up with a poll on the default panel when a troop is selected. I know which way most of us what, was just trying to make it relatively unbiased in the super-unlikely event I’m wrong.

But, as I said in there, the best way is to have it be able to be changed in game. The issue with that is that its not as easy for the devs to do as changing the default.

4 Likes

This is brilliant! Add this, plus defaulting to the “center” panel.

1 Like

Are we still missing the age old request of being able to sort by base-rarity or filter by base-rarity or something like that? I am finding this important information for kingdom power levelling as well as for disenchanting, but fortunately I have a pretty good memory…

That’s #11.

1 Like

Apologies, I should’ve checked.

Idea to add this one?

1 Like

How about the ability to craft any card you want/need for Souls or whatever? That would really improve the game quite significantly, I’d say.

That affects the game economy and power curve, and should not be classified as QoL.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I seem to fail to see how that affects the game economy exactly? Seeing as how other games have it (such as Hearthstone, etc). Not being able to get a much needed card for your team is just not fun at all. That’s why a feature like this is very much needed, imo.

QoL is things that do not change the game, by creating cards, you are changing the game.

Read the QoL ideas to get what they mean, like an extra button here… or something that doesn’t change the balance of the game.

1 Like

It affects the economy because if you make it easier for people to get a resource, they won’t be as willing to pay for that resource with cash, as one side effect. This list is to address interface deficiencies that negatively impact the “ideal” game experience, not to suggest balance or reward changes.

1 Like

This is a post from a person with disabilities. Mine are visually centered. Daily migraines.

• No more flashing exclamation points!
    Compromise!? Flash for 1 minute when you first open the game then stop flashing. Just remain there but not pulsing. PLEASE! It’s seriously annoying! I’ll decide when to take care of the notice.
    Every few minutes PVP pops up and flashes. Enough!

• Another thing hard on my eyes, and anyone who is light sensitive, is the flash of the screen after a battle. I look away or cover the screen. Not always in time. As a person who gets migraines it kills your eyes.

• please let me change my guild master post color! Harsh harsh color.

This game isn’t as bad as some I had to quit. There have been so many complaints about games flashing lights and player to player warnings. So I’m not alone. I don’t usually say anything but since this is a QOL thread…
Thanks

1 Like

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, I can imagine it makes game playing very difficult. x(

I wonder if it’d be a good idea to create a “List of Accessibility Improvements” thread that can run parallel to this one, where similar ideas can be shared by those who have impairments.

1 Like

It probably be a short thread and a quick read for the devs! Lol
A good idea!

Copy that.

Created:

Feel free to suggest more Accessibility issues/features there.

In the troops page if I’m looking at a single troop, in the “center” panel, I’d like to be allowed to click the kingdom icon (on the lower right) to open the filtered list of the troops in that kingdom.

For example, if I’m looking at the Abhorath “center” panel, clicking on the lower right kingdom icon I’d like to activate the Karakoth filter.

2 Likes

For that matter:

Why does the troop card and the dropdown in the troops interface use the kingdom crest (main art) and not the banner? The crest is dense, high-frequency, and as a result it doesn’t scale down well at all on mobile. Even on desktop, where I can scale the whole application up, I can’t for the life of me remember which crest goes with which kingdom. I’ve “solved” that issue by memorizing which troops are in which kingdoms, but that’s surely not the intent.

Using the banner would be much clearer. The banners are simpler, visually distinct, reinforce themselves with the colors inherent to the kingdoms to which they belong, and scale down quite well.

EDIT: I guess that’d be a problem for the banner-less kingdoms (Primal, Apocalypse, Guardians). Oh well? Make some fake banners for those?

4 Likes

New suggestion: Alphabetize the Arcane Traitstones in the Hero Collection.

They are currently sorted by color, which is completely non-intuitive.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is covered - tried to find it but doesn’t appear to be.

We have how many battles we’ve won in PvP. I know how many trophies in the current guild I have won but what I would love to see on the Hero Collection tab is how many have I gotten total over the time I have been playing. (Specifically Trophies)

2 Likes