Lions Rampant

As we are aware of all your benefits.

Yeah having that feature on console is awesome, but I believe the economy is overall better on pc. With a lot more ways to get things. I know eventually console will catch up though. fingers crossed

But can you really compare skulls <> all gems ?

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, Maw is not gaining the effects of Hunger on skull matches that hit nothing (i.e. no troops left). While this obviously doesnā€™t matter itself, Iā€™m wondering if it also does this for being dodged by Agile, hitting a Barrier, being Entangled, or the rare case of having zero attack damageā€¦

If any of the above are true (I would guess all or nothing) then it should be reworded to say ā€˜on skull damageā€™ instead of on skull matches as it is currently.

I havenā€™t tested the others myself yet.

In other news, Maw appears to be reduced very little, if at all, in lethality. The random kills I will gladly trade for randomly losing the game.

Sad that the Pride Guard is neutered before he even had a chance to be played in open competition. Damage scaling by armor values is the easiest to counter to begin with(one enemy aoe troop destroying pride guards dreams!), and with that ratio the spell is not gonna be great at any point other than challenges maybe.

Lately it seems the weekly troops get less and less competitive with the exception of hellcat filling one very unique role.
In a time where legendary and mythic troops reign supreme and a change to a trait of one of those legendary troops to adding +2 to all skills on skull matches is an effective nerf of that troop, it is hard to get excited for the weekly troops who have stuff like armored or alert being their best traitā€¦

If Astral Spirit still hits for over 15 True Damage, then itā€™s not really nerfed at all

3 Likes

Iā€™m quite surprised actually. Ever since Impervious (and Indigestible) went live on iOS, Mawā€™s 3rd trait hasnā€™t been scary for me. In fact, I quite enjoyed that it encouraged me to use a different team (one with Behemoth up top). Kind of bummed that my Behemoth is going to go back on the shelf now, since it just isnā€™t quite as good as many other non-impervious troops.

Thatā€™s because Behemoth isnā€™t a top-position Troop

Iā€™d argue that it was for a short time, but yeah not so much anymore. There was some good discussion here: Behemoth: the anti-Mab, anti-Maw

Do you have a top-tier invade team in mind that has Behemoth in it? Help me to not regret spending all those Arcanes on itā€¦ :smirk:

I was thinking this exact same thing, too. Abhorath was my first legendary and I think heā€™s a fun card to use, but heā€™s seriously held back by his third trait.

Even if Sacrifice was numerically superior, the fact that Abhorath ALREADY gets significant boosts to his important stats, usually before killing anything and triggering Sacrifice, severely diminishes the effectiveness of further stat bonuses.

Abhorath needs a third trait that synergizes with his high hp and/or attack, such as damage reduction or a cleave-/trample-type mechanic (from Warcraft and MTG, respectively).

3 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™ve been using the following in PVP for a little over a week. It tends to win in under a minute on many match-ups, as it devastates and chains. Behemoth at the top means you just shrug off things like Frozen Soul (Bone Dragon) and generally donā€™t care about leaving skulls for your opponent, since Behemoth ends up gaining quite a bit of health (and Mercyā€™s there just in case).

Behemoth***
Black Manacles (Hero as Sorcerer works best, but I use Necromancer for the slight Soul boost)***
Terraxis** (I donā€™t have his third trait YET, but it would work even better with it)
Mercy***

Mercy feeds Terraxis, who shoots and feeds Behemoth, later Black Manacles. You end up doing about 18-21 damage to each opponent per hit, and often chain at least two-three to just devastate the opposing team. Iā€™ve laughed off multi-gorgotha teams, as well as most others.

1 Like

Sirrian is on the nerfing streak :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Regardless of how people feel about their toys being taken away, itā€™s clear that the nerfs needed to happen. Folks have been complaining about Maw for a couple of months, and Astral Spirit was abused immediately.

To @Sirrianā€™s point, I think this underlines the need to be very careful about how Empowered is used. I also still say Mercy needs to be nerfed. The next strong Yellow troop is gonna be right back in the position of Maw bc of her.

2 Likes

Like I said, nerfing Mercy would be a good way to get people like me to quit. I donā€™t use Maw, have never used Maw, and likely will never use Maw. I play this game to exercise my mind, not my clicking finger.

Mercy is a lynchpin in my Divine team and without her, itā€™s probably no longer viable at all. Nerfing Mercy would literally force me into playing whatever the current OP meta is.

The game shouldnā€™t be balanced around middling team compositions.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not condescending at all.

Just FYI, the definition of balance implies finding an acceptable MIDDLE ground. By definition, a game (or anything else) is implicitly balanced around ā€œmiddling team compositionsā€.

ā€œBalancingā€ around OP team compositions isnā€™t ā€œbalancingā€, itā€™s ā€œweightingā€.

PS. I hope Iā€™m not alone in saying that for me, the fun of this game is taking ā€œmiddling team compositionsā€ and making them into consistent winners. If this was about competition and achievement, Iā€™d play a game that didnā€™t have a 10% average on defense battles.

5 Likes

Mercy doesnā€™t need a nerf. Itā€™s rare that I get a starting board in which I canā€™t stop Mercy from getting an extra turn through regular gem matching. That isnā€™t even counting using an empowered mana drain against her to neutralize her.

6 Likes

No plans to nerf Mercy at the momentā€¦ I find the perfect Mercy starting board is about 1 in 5 in my games, which is great when it happens, but quite often Mercy is just baggage for me until turn 5 or later, which often makes me think about including Alchemist or another troop entirely.

14 Likes

1 in 5 sounds about right, although with the way I use Mercy (primarily to charge Valk) I will often fire her first turn even if it doesnā€™t give me another turn.

Mercy is the fuse in my loop dynamite. Without her, thereā€™s a good chance my Templar dies before he gets to cast his spell.

1 Like