Lions Rampant

Should this change be in effect already?

I am on iOS and my maws third trait is still 15% devour in skulls.

It is not unlocked yet, if that matters…

Thanks! :wink:

It should take effect during the weekly reset.

So much glory lost on Astral Spirit. I was saving them up for the event for the new kingdom. But I spent it on Astral Spirit because of how it was able to farm very quickly. Now it is nerfed into the ground in just one week. Total waste of glory. Definitely wouldn’t have got it if I knew it was going to be nerfed so hard and fast.

2 Likes

This changes will be “on” tomorrow when the event reset.

Changes are live for me, anyway.

1 Like

Same here, I restarted and changes are in effect.

1 Like

Yep just updated with the new Hunger trait.

Astral Spirit is dead, long live Astral Spirit

11:45 PM here in Brasil, the event reset 4:30 AM +/-
Edit: restarted and the changes are in effect too.

I am having no issues using astral spirit to continue farming. Sure a little more thought required but not the end of the world.

1 Like

To be honest I didn’t even realize her changes already went live

Just gave the Maw change a try. Really happy with this solution.

Played 5 or so games with my Maw team since the change went live.

Nice correction devs, not being sarcastic at all. Feels controlled. He’s still very strong but not stupid strong like before.

Nice change.

4 Likes

Balance changes - well done to @sirrian and the devs.

5 Likes

All the players with Maw defense teams are gonna wake up with 100 losses :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Finally =D

I believe this is quite a reasonable nerf for Maw. It still has targeted devour for a spell, and bunch of mana creation, only now it will be more reasonable to run it in 2nd or 3rd place, not in front. Rack up mana, devour, spam skulls with Skeleton/Bone Dragon/ Devoted and watch your Maw grow stronger. This also promotes use of support troops with Maw, which is always nice. Strategy was(is?) the core of this game after all.
Astral Spirit nerf is also a plus in my book. For the past week, about a quarter of my invades were 4x Astral Spirit or Maw+3 Astral Spirits. So, yeah, it was taking over the meta game.
All I need now is an in-game pet system and I’m sold for years to come. Or some mounts like in the OG Puzzle Quest. Nothing beats riding around on a Giant rat… :grin:
A BIG thanks to the devs! May your coffers overflow with gold and your enemies grovel at your feet!

3 Likes

I’m really annoyed that I wasted all of my glory on astral for her to get nerfed to where I won’t even use her… Awesome lol

generally troops don’t get nerfed at the end of the week of their release…

3 Likes

I spent 2700 Glory! Spirit has now become useless. The developers did not fair.

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, Mekkalyn, but Astral Spirit should not have made it in the game so powerful from the start. Now she seems ok as a utility troop, but nothing cheesy enough to put 4 of them in defense teams.
I bought a bunch of them, too, and traited them all just to raise kingdom level a bit.
Didn’t put them on defense, I swear! :grin:

1 Like