Limited time offer to remove Weapon upgrades

Remember this (bandit refund), approaching Xmas 2020?

Just like when we were permitted to remove the ‘Stealthy’ trait from the ‘Bandit’ troop for a short time, please now allow us to downgrade one (or more?) weapons in the same way.

I have ‘Essence of Evil’ firmly in mind whilst I make this suggestion, but other weapons with ‘Hexed’ or even other suffixes may appeal to others.

Suffixes would only be removed in sequence, starting with the highest.

Polite notice to commenters: Please, no ‘What about kingdom power’ remarks, as this applied equally during the Bandit refund.

4 Likes

+1 I second this idea! :heart_eyes:

Thank you @redmist for suggesting it.

It would be a lovely winter holiday present for everyone to be able to do this and also offer the ‘remove stealthy’ trait from the Bandit as well again. There are a lot of players who didn’t know about this back then and could benefit from this now.

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:

2 Likes

You’ll note that the ability to revert upgrades on the Bandit happened at a time when the troop received a significant change. If that’s the precedent you wish to utilize in your argument, it’s reasonable to ask what “nerf” you believe that Essence of Evil should receive to open up a window for reversion.

2 Likes

Balancing the game is not in my remit, but should the devs wish to take the opportunity to do so then we can be sure that they will only have the best interests of the game at heart!

An alternative ‘cost’ could be… oodles of Treasure Maps, or some other currency/ies, if there is a feeling that this option to nerf your future kingdom progression should incur an additional penalty.

That’s an easy one. In a few weeks, the new “Terror” negative status effect will get added to the game. It has a chance to activate at the start of the turn, causing the affected troop to move one slot down. This will make Essence of Evil significantly worse, because crippled front troops may then spontaneously make room for something dangerous, to pick up skull matches right when their turn starts.

3 Likes

Here you go @McDoubleDad, this could be something to spend ingots on. Removing upgrades you don’t want. I would gladly spend ingots to de-hex most of my hexing weapons.

2 Likes

Why not change the last weapon upgrade for Essen of Evil to something else instead of Hexed.

2 Likes

I like that idea, too, but it doesn’t come at a cost to the player (unless they were happy with Hexed)

Because this is Gems of War, a never-ending exercise in lowering your expectations. The Customer Experience Team actually asked the community years ago to compile a list of weapons that have detrimental upgrades. The list was long, the effort entirely wasted.

3 Likes

Tell you the truth: I lowered my expectations a long time ago after many evidences that they don’t care about their fan base and all their empty promises. Unfortunately, this is the sad truth.

2 Likes

Is there a list somewhere of the troops/weapons that should not be upgraded and why?

I did a search and found a couple threads:

1 Like