Lets not use Whitehelm as a home kingdom

Appology accepted :slight_smile:

To be honest my post also targeted the “top” players which I see when choosing 3 trophy PVP. I would say that those have no problem with glory shortage. Given that fact that we see each others in PVP, all of us will benefit from that.

2 Likes

If you agree that the system should change to a chance of a random traitstone, independent of the defence teams home kingdom, then you should post it in the Quality of Life thread too

I think of that as less of a “quality of life” change and more of a mechanics change, since it has an impact on rewards (however small in scope). But to each her own!

That or have the Invade games be the opponent HK and the Defend games be your HK like it was back in the Good Ol Days creaky old man voice

2 Likes

Wont that still be essentially Whitehelm for both though?

1 Like

Yeah, it would. I’d much prefer both to be random.

2 Likes

Yes, random option would remove the dependancy on other’s choices.

1 Like

Should have been more specific, the PvP games that have the “Revenge” icon should drop traitstones from your Home Kingdom, not the opponents.

Im not sure it matters if it is invade, defense or revenge as everyone will be using Whitehelm anyway

Totally in favor of this. I was in Pridelands for a long time and recently switched to Wild Plains. The glory bonus for being in Whitehelm is really insignificant.

2 Likes

I change my home to match whichever kingdom I’m currently farming. That way if I go on an Explore marathon trying to get a certain arcane I don’t miss the tribute when it pops up.

1 Like

Well, if the revenge is in your home kingdom then your choice affects your TS drops (on revenge) not other player’s. So that would introduce (re-introduce really) some diversity. Or it would be your own fault if every battle is in Whitehelm :wink:

Very true. But making it completely random for each mode seems like a simple fix with maximum diversity.

It does lose the the ability to target specific traitstones like your method provides though!

On PC/ mobile now, the traitstone drop depends on your opponent’s home kingdom, not your own as it used to be. So it’s hardly the invader’s fault.

Speak for yourself! :stuck_out_tongue:
I am not willing to make that sacrifice.

The developers needs to make a change with the way drops are. I think it should be random. Or as a fellow guild member pointed out, it could be based on your own home kingdom or it could be a 50/50 chance between your kingdom and your opponents.

I think it should be completely random so everyone can use whatever kingdom they want. Or increase another kingdom’s glory so then there’s at least more than one option.

I’m sick of seeing all the yellows… But not sick enough to miss out on all that glory which adds up to buy me at least one extra pack. I don’t know about others, but I don’t typically sit at on a huge glory mountain every week. I normally make just enough to get what I want without much surplus. :slight_smile:

But this is a nice idea. However it won’t be effective because so few of the playerbase actually reads the forums… And on top of that, I doubt the majority that are reading will want to miss out on the rewards.

Selfish? Definitely. But I don’t want to take a penalty for others, as rude as that sounds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My home kingdom is Adana, which is red/yellow. Is that a problem for anybody?

While I certainly agree with the premise, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Folks typically don’t care about passively helping others when it costs them anything, no matter how small. Take PvP, for example: Everyone seems literally turned on at the idea of running whatever silly meta (mana drain) defense that can drag out your game and cost you time, rather than something that would have you either win fast or lose quickly. The difference between winning or losing a defensive PvP battle is often a measly single soul or unit of glory. This is asking more than that. So, yeah…it’s a great idea, but unlikely to be utilized by many, unfortunately.

Fwiw, I have never used Whitehelm as my home kingdom for these reasons. I’ve always picked something that supports invaders getting those darned elusive minor reds! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I totally understand that point of view. In a way that’s why I chose Wild Plains as my HK, it gives the second highest Glory reward (tied with Pans Vale) out of all the Kingdoms, plus it gives everyone else those precious minor red and green stones that are so coveted. Tiny price to pay in my opinion.

It’s gotten to the point where I’ll choose the lesser trophy match if it has anything else other then yellow.

2 Likes

I’ve posted on the issue multiple times, but lets look at the numbers.

Having all 3* or above kingdoms with maxed red guild statue gets a tribute collect chance of 26%. The upper end on number of tribute collects per day is 16. A maxed yellow statue gives you a tribute modifier of 1.1, but I’m going to ignore that for now because some or all of what you gain could easily be lost due to rounding.

On average, “bonus” gains from setting your home kingdom would be:
Using Whitehelm would give you 20 * 0.26 * 16 * 7 = 582.4 glory per week
Using Wild Plains would give you 16 * 0.26 * 16 * 7 = 465.92 glory per week (and 2912 gold)
Using Pridelands would give you 8 * 0.26 * 16 * 7 = 232.96 glory per week (and 5824 gold and 698.88 souls)

These numbers are the upper end of what is possible, but the ratios hold as long as your kingdoms are relatively evenly leveled

The upper end of the average glory you’d lose per week switching from Whitehelm to Wild Plains is 119. Wild Plains 7* is also currently possible, while Whitehelm is not, meaning if you have the 7*, you’d be gaining 119 more per week.

We can apply these same numbers to approximate how much glory said person would get from tributes, total.

164 (total available) * 0.26 * 16 * 7 = 4775.68 total glory from tributes alone without considering a home kingdom or the 10% yellow statue bonus.
Choosing:
Whitehelm - 5358.08
Wild Plains - 5241.60 (5474.56 with 7 star) (+/- 2.2%)
Pridelands - 5008.64 (-6.4%)
Anything with no glory bonus - 4775.68 (-11%)

The ratios hold true for any distribution of kingdoms that are equally leveled, but lower levels may have more points in whitehelm in anything else, which makes it a bit more valuable.

Assuming a more middle range player with Whitehelm as the only 3* in your collection, full level 10 kingdoms otherwise, and 3% statue bonuses, but still an active collector:
144 * 0.13 * 16 * 7 = 2096.64 (others)
20 * 0.23 * 16 * 7 = 515.2 (whitehelm)

So, if you home kingdom is:
Whitehelm: 3,127.04
Wild Plains: 2844.80 (-9.1%)
Pridelands: 2728.32 (-12.9%)
Home kingdom with no glory bonus: 2611.84 (-16.5%)

Obviously, if you collect less or have less stars or levels total, you’ll have less total, but you’ll usually fall between either of the above as far as ratios go, it would be rare for whitehelm to be more than one “tribute tier” above every other kingdom. Overall, Wild Plains is not going to be that big of a hit if you have it leveled equally to Whitehelm, but choosing a no-glory kingdom could end up costing you a troop pack every week.

I have been and will continue to use Wild Plains as my home kingdom despite taking a small hit in my overall tribute glory, because its a very small sacrifice for me to make at this point - these numbers dont even consider glory from sources such as PvP or key openings. But I can see why people wouldn’t want to do so, so I don’t blame anyone that doesn’t want to.

Instead, I’m going to again bring up yet another time that revenges being based on home kingdom as in 1.9 be reinstated.

This was a brilliant system for a number of reasons:

• You had influence over your traitstone drops from PvP by way of revenges. You had a reason to switch your home kingdom, and also a reason to not switch it.

• This gave players a selfish, personal reason to switch your home kingdom other than what was the most absolutely profitable in terms of glory at the time. As a result, more home kingdoms would trend toward traitstones that were needed for popular or recently released troops at the time.

• Because players did occasionally make the switch in order to influence their traitstone drops from revenges, other players invading them would get drops from these kingdoms.

• When a new, popular legendary was released, for example, many home kingdoms would switch their home to the kingdom necessary to that stone. Not only were they getting revenge drops related to their target troop, but players invading them were also getting the drops for the popular troop. As of now, one might set their home kingdom to offset the number of reds needed, and as a result, everyone would invade more kingdoms where red was available. If red suddenly became less needed for everyone, the trend would shift. Automatically.

I really don’t see why they stopped this system. The way it is laid out now is kind of terrible, to be sure, because it just adds to artificial gluts and scarcities. Explore did a bit to alleviate the problem, since you can farm whatever color and type at a reasonable rate, but at the same time, it has also become almost necessity to even get a single off week arcane (or even just a few minors) in the process. I would highly prefer we didn’t go full random for PvP drops when a much better system already existed before, but even that is preferable to getting yellow stones and only yellow about 80% of the time.

17 Likes

That was the point, slow down player’s progression. That’s been Development’s MO the last 4-6 weeks if you haven’t noticed.

1 Like