Lets not use Whitehelm as a home kingdom

id like either random or traitstones based on enemy FLAG

4 Likes

If you want to go in that direction, make it the banner YOU use while attacking. Else we’ll all just keep getting the traitstones people use for the manticore/bd team, zzzzzz (a.k.a. BROWN).

Basing the traitstones on your own banner would a) allow for flexibility, everyone can aim for the stones they need, b) encourage people to keep using different teams (either that or playing THE faceroll team with “wrong” banner, whoever prefers what).

1 Like

They’re all antiquated systems. The traitstones shouldn’t be tied to anything we have already if they’re going to be even close to random. The systems we use are all skewed by popular choices - Whitehelm is the prime, cringe-worthy example of this. If we’re meant to have control (which I’m pretty sure we’re not) then it ought to be a different system that decides that.

Necroing this thread on purpose because it’s very annoying to see how many yellow stones I have. I’m sure it’s same for most of you. I understand the glory bonus from Whitehelm, but I can’t imagine many high level players needing glory if they PvP. Granted it is currency for the new troops but if they are going to 1 troop a week from weekly glory bundle then we may not need as much glory.

Since we still get traitstone based on opponents home kingdom instead of random like on console, the only thing we can do is to change our home kingdom to anything but Whitehelm. So I changed my home kingdom to Pridelands now. Been using Whitehelm since Gard’s arrival because I was able to 7 star it, so around 2 months. My previous home kingdom before WH was Zhul’Kari and Pan’s Vale.

I hope more people, especially high level players, would do the same. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

+1 to this.

I move my home kingdom around each week, usually to wherever I want to farm or explore for Snots.

I’ve avoided Whitehelm for a long time now and like many others wish that others would do the same. The difference in Glory people gain really isn’t that material in the scheme of things.

3 Likes

I posted a thread on this in October and got this response from a dev:

@Nimhain any updates?

3 Likes

I’d like to also add that glory is in the process of being further devalued by having a deluge of the same color glory packs within just a few weeks of each other and having only one pack per week. Unless you want to start spending glory 1000 at a time for your probably less than half a percent chance at a mythic, high levels simply don’t need glory so badly to choose Whitehelm for the small amount extra it offers in the grand scheme of things (as shown by my math above). My weekly glory has been steadily climbing for months now, and has sharply spiked in recent weeks when only one troop started being offered in glory packs (plus opening the 28k+ gold keys for the new kingdom and not having to spend any this week at all didnt hurt it, either).

Basically, pretty much anyone with three star plus kingdoms should be getting “enough” glory unless they aren’t collecting income frequently. And if they arent collecting frequently, the difference in glory tributes between Whitehelm home kingdom and the next highest is going to negligible anyways.

2 Likes

This why I went with Sword Coast. In a good guild, I will always need gold. Since I have it at 7* versus 6* for Wild Plains, I’m giving up 1 glory for a bunch more gold.

Well this is the rare case when it is OK to re-open the old discussion :slight_smile:
But I might be influenced by fact that it is my post :slight_smile:
Anyway, my old statement is still valid. I am not using Whithelm. Wild Plains work perfectly fine for me.

4 Likes

Been on Wild Plains for waaaay longer than this thread’s been around. Whitehelm is still a pain, Yellow everything is still a pain, every single Arcane I get is Summer…

2 Likes

Yep I’ve been #teamwildplains for a very long time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same for me.

1 Like

Yup that’s why I necro this thread. I was thinking I’ll start from myself, then my guild, then other people, then hopefully we will see more variety in people’s home kingdom which means traitstone diversity too. It’s the least we can do, encouraging people to leave Whitehelm. :smiley:

Also, now we have legendary task too as source for glory. More reason to ditch Whitehelm! XD
Spread the words! Be a part of change!

1 Like

I’m in favour of that: all the top guilds have players here so perhaps we can request it through our guilds.

@esslee can we do that in MatchMasters?

2 Likes

In Anonymous it is done.

5 Likes

I’m encouraging my guild too. Not everyone yet, but now only few who’s still using WH as home kingdom.

3 Likes

I moved to Divinion Fields. I am thinking of moving today again

I have posted on our MM page :+1:

2 Likes

I will be happy if ppl set their home kingdom except WH.
But I don’t want to set 1 color kingdom.
1 color kingdom helps ppl to give minor stones.
But for Arcane, I prefer 2 color based kingdoms.

Personally I set my home with Zhul Kari.
It’s cuz I love to playing Treasure Hunt. It’s easy to play TH and earn Tribute quickly.
And this kingdom’s arcane is Venom. I think Venom is quite useful.

1 Like

I’ve seen several have switched to Wild Plains, but I think we need to mix it up a bit more or nothing is really gained.
I will set mine to Sword’s Edge to give a little more variety.

1 Like