Let's let newer players in

i Know you guys are all high level players and i am still not level 100 so i will help give perceptive for you all:
Firstly i have not fought anyone over level 250 and had to set a defense team of 3 rock worms and a deep borer so that i wouldn’t get attacked all hours of the night. That will change as i need money souls ect. Secondly as my guild mate is under level 50 she is not feeling the sting of the update yet and has not voiced a complaint for what ever reason. She is still early game getting her kingdoms sorted out so it might be a while but she already has a reliable attack team that matches my defense team. the gap between high levels and low levels is too big and to try to balance it would either buff low levels alot or nerf high levels alot. Thirdly getting a reliable team for attack is easy as the chests give you access to a “smaller” spread of troops to basically choose from and some of these troops are very good. She also has to do her quests which give trait stones as well as epic troops so the set up is more balanced in low level favor. How ever my perspective is only based on 2 under level 100 people so it might be diffrent for other under 100 people

@killerman3333 i wouldnt say the gap is between higher/lower players but rather older/new players who have joined top guilds early on when the game was released.

1 Like

A noble gesture to be sure. But I’m at level 110 and rarely see anyone above 200, nor does it sound fun to me to dig through the player names.
I agree with Pupu: it’s not so much the levels as it is older (and paying) vs new (and free) players.

Well, I’m supporting my idea of the cause. I have around a 90% AI defend win rate since 1.0.8:

There are many cons to putting forth a weak defend team:

• It doesn’t teach people what good builds or traits are, which is more crucial than ever now.
  • It undermines the economy by giving the devs false statistics on the game. If they see that defend wins are high, they will be less likely to try to adjust it.
  • As mentioned above by a few people, most of the people wanting to help by not having a strong defend team are just helping the higher leveled players. A good majority of us stronger players are out of the range from the lower player queue. Setting a weak defend team just allows the people who are already big to get even bigger. In example of me, I now have easy defend AND invade wins.
  • Inversely, having a strong defend team keeps higher leveled players from farming as quick.

I still stand that the best way to fix the problem is to “force” the devs to do it by setting forth such strong defend teams that they cannot ignore the problem lower leveled players are having.

1 Like

Some good points, I am still thinking it through.

I’m on iOS and the quote function doesn’t seem to work…but the gist of quite a few of the comments above imply that the ‘higher tier’ players are outside the reach of ‘mid-lower’ tiers.

Since the patch launch I have found this to be the complete opposite in my experience; before this week I had never encountered a mythic character (blue styled portrait - lvl450+?) in arena or the PvP queue, now I seem to be almost exclusively matched against them.

Here’s a screenshot from a proposed invade 30secs ago:

Whilst I have reached PvP rank 1 again this week, my battles have been challenging to say the least! I would estimate that a good 80% of my matches have been against players at least 2-3 times my level, but 4 or even 5 tines,as in the screenshot, have also appeared quite often.

This to me shows that either:

• The matchmaking algorithm is broken since the patch
  • The algorithm only takes account of matches to active players and shows only those currently online (I normally play at very odd hours)
  • There is insufficient player base between the 200 - 450lvl range.

I class myself as a reasonably competent player and since the fall over if my PC in the summer, probably play around 3-4hrs a day. Having matches so heavily weighted against me (and I dearn’t touch the difficulty button) that can take in excess of 1hr to complete (I’m looking at you uber trained Goblin King + shaman) it’s been hard to appreciate the benefits of the new patch.

Back on topic - offering a different defence to the wall of goblins and dragons (which I appreciate are beatable) would be welcome, but I think I’m on the side of the fence ‘fix the underlying issues’ than trying to ‘manipulate the meta’ etc.

Richy

2 Likes

Just for interest here’s my defense team which covers all colours and does sometimes come in with a win!
Ghoul
Flame Canon
Siren
Lance Knight

Doesnt do anything fancy or have particular synergy but is worth playing rather than skipping over I think :grinning:

My idea to help out was we “adopted” some low level players into the guild even as low as level 27. Some of which are now around level 90. As long as we see they are serious and work hard to bring in their share of Trophies we welcome them and at that low level the benefits of the guild make a really big difference. Still the game needs to be rebalanced for the newbees because even to finish the quests for each city is much harder with all the AI troop traits.

1 Like

Not trying to take what you said out of context - but picking up this and similar themes above - my idea was never this was INSTEAD of the devs fixing things properly - just a temporary goodwill idea to give newer players a better chance UNTIL it’s fixed…

2 Likes

Reading it again this morning and you’re right I did incorrectly imply that - my apologies.

By way of recompense I have exiled my dirty goblin team to the far reaches of the kingdom and employed the services of a local goat men tribe to protect the ranch for me.

2 Likes