Let's get Steam to 70%+ in reviews! (WE did it! ^_^)

If only. Already attempting it, the person taking the game at face value has given no sign of even giving a second thought. I’m not holding my breath.

I really need to getting around to making a starter guide for newcomers, so often they miss something or fail to understand a mechanic and just claim the game broken or P2W.

The issue is how much explaining I’ll actually have to do, pictures, exact wording, in-depth but easy to grasp detail. There’s a lot to cover, even from the very beginning some people don’t know how to spend their souls.

2 Likes

I’m sure that would be very useful. It’s something I’ve thought about as well. What to do with your resources, how Kingdom power works, good early teams, etc.

1 Like

Is it time to make a very in depth tutorial for this game considering how much you need to learn about every thing. Maybe make the tutorial get you through broken spire and unlock the broken spire class. Then have the tutorial make you unlock Zhul’Kari And make you play treasure hunt. Then when you finish that have the tutorial go through arena then pvp and make sure to fully cover troops as you do the broken spire stuff.

2 Likes

I was considering doing that when 2.0 goes live - making a guide on the basics for starting as a noob. I don’t want to do it now because PvP is going to be so reworked that anything said about it may be irrelevant. 2.1 will change a lot too, but not everyone plays for the guild aspect of the game.

1 Like

I’m curious Howe much PvP will change, do you know something we don’t?

I don’t currently know anything beyond what has been posted on the forums. Nothing mentioned below has been confirmed from what I am aware of. The only generalizations I know are:

• It is going to change a lot.
  • PvP seasons will start to be used
  • Every time you click to find opponents, multiple options will appear.
  • Reaching rank 1, or whatever new system is considered the top, will be much harder.
  • Defend wins will actually start to matter more than defend lose wins.
  • More glory will be rewarded in some way.
  • PvP will be refreshed every week, so a player should never get matched against an inactive player in PvP. (confirmed)
  • Troop AI will be reworked.
1 Like

I’ll be on the lookout :grin:

Only need 10 more now!

I would like to help but not until I see what the next update does to the game. I am so very close to walking away. I don’t enjoy the game anymore since 109. I used to look forward to sitting here playing match after match but now with the new mechanics, the combo breaker gone, the ai to player turn ratio, the length of the battles now. . . I just can’t be positive to help your cause. Sorry.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the game more after 1.0.9 actually.

The main thing that the patch did was re-introduce variation into PVP again. Before the patch hit everything I saw was True shot/Agile leads with a skull spammer on the back-end and a few goblin teams and dragon teams.
Now, after the patch there are a bit more goblins, but there is so much more variation in the opponents I get to face.

And with my current team I can actually finish battles quicker than with the True Shot/Agile team that I had in 1.0.8, so I get to play more battles in the same amount of time (when the server is up again that is… :smiley: ) …

1 Like

There is always two sides of the coin. I’m happy you’re enjoying it. I may yet but right now I have nothing positive to say about the game. The only reason I haven’t uninstalled it is that I’m vip 10 and can’t waste the money I’ve invested in the game because of my temper.

We’ll see what 2.0 brings in a couple months. I hope it finishes the transformation for the better.

Do you play arena or treasure hunt? Arena is great for getting trophies and souls. Treasurre hunt is great for everything except trophies.

I play pvp and TH. Arena troop choices have made me not play it at all. And Cresendo doesn’t help when the enemy can take half my hp in one turn. Never have enjoyed arena.

Why not farm trait stones in challenges then and bounce between that and maps.

I have to agree, 1.0.9 has lost some of this games charm for me, I used to play hours and hours, now I am having a hard time playing for 1 hour. I loved the quicker battles, these 10-30 minute pvp battles are terrible. I do not have all the cards needed traited/leveled to compete with majority of the PvP battles therefore I’m skipping more, and then when I find a match I can win, it can last forever. This is not a positive in my opinion. I loved 1.0.7 and 1.0.8, I really hope 2.0 does not alienate those without the troops/traits/souls with enough teams to compete, because that would only push newer players farther away.

@killerman3333 that is what I have been doing in an attempt to get the stones I need to level some of the more useful troops that I haven’t been able to do yet. I need to do pvp’s for my guild contributions so once I hit them I bounce around farming.

That reflects so well on the game – it’s pure farming. That’s especially painful for the Arena that was the greatest addition at the time.

GoW the farming simulator.

What RPG game isn’t pure farming? Even the best are just farming levels/gear: Skyrim, Witcher, Diablo, etc.

Good news everyone. We reached 70%! Gems of War - Puzzle RPG on Steam

Thank you everyone for your contribution.

2 Likes

Huzzah! We rock! Gems rocks! :confetti_ball::champagne::beers: