Legends reborn rewards changes

Ok, it took me a while to figure out where the rest of my pets were and now I realised, I’m mildly annoyed.

Legends reborn event is pretty naff, especially since you have to repeat the main quest over and over, but the rework sounded good at first - shorter event, less tokens required to unlock rewards, all good - but then I reach the max number of tokens (snake fangs?) and try to claim my fully leveled pet.
It’s wererat’s miasma, which gives a bonus to wererat (a troop I’ll never use) but a pet is still a pet and I need more for my kingdoms, so cool. Unfortunately, I only get enough to level it to 10. I’m missing 25, because instead I get diamonds and stones, as well as some pet food - I like the pet food, but I’m not as fussed about the other rewards - instead of the extra pets.
I search around, trying to find how to earn the missing pets. I don’t mind having to beat more enemies, since I usually finish the event with hundreds of tokens I can’t use, but I can’t find how to do it.
Instead, I finally spot them over on the far right side. Hidden behind TWO FICKING PAYWALLS, one gems and the other real money. No way, you can whistle, devs. Even for a good troop, which this isn’t, I’m not tossing money to get a pet you should be giving me free, based on previous events. That’s insane.
Sure, most of the other reward changes are pretty decent, but why are you now locking the free pets behind barriers? After journey event being such an obvious attempt to nick gems from players, now this? You’re having a laugh, right?

1 Like

Do Underspire and use a Lantern to get two Orbs of Minions.

1 Like

For something we should have got free? Like every previous version of the event?
Why should we?

There are lots of ways to get gems in game. Use those. I think the gem line actually got a buff.

There’s no should, unfortunately. Previous editions may have set expectations, but it’s a live service game and when you clicked Accept to the terms you agreed that you understand they can change the game as and when they please.

2 Likes

It’s such an anti player move and I can see anyone who wasn’t going to buy the last pet suddenly deciding to buy it so they can max the ‘free’ pet. If it had moved to gem pet they may have got extra but not now it’s ‘double pay’.

More concerning is given everyone is after a better way to get dragonite they removed the dragonite gnome from the gem rewards.

2 Likes

Those pets will be available via pet rescue. You won’t get all you need at once but over time it is possible