Legendary tasks undid the entire (claimed) point of the guild update and has made leading a guild a miserable exercise in frustration

The binary nature of GoW (in-game) socialization doesn’t help things. You’re either playing or you are socializing; the game’s design doesn’t allow for both at once. As a result, many players ignore chat entirely. I don’t think this is fixable on mobile (it could be addressed on PC, but only by diverging the UI).

3 Likes

As Lyya stated earlier, there is nothing in this game that creates an opportunity for true comradarie. You don’t actually have to fight side by side like you do in an MMO for example. Also, in this game, the performance of the guild on a weekly basis is critical to your own progression when it comes to resources.

So, it’s nice to talk about people staying with a low performing guild out of “loyalty”. However, what exactly are people claiming they should be loyal to? The average person joins a guild and barely has much interaction with the other 29 people. Then, if they care about their progression, they often move on to a higher performing guild. There isn’t anything disloyal about it. There is no lasting connection because 1) the game does not have modes of play that allow a guild to play together and spark real bonds 2) the game basically offers no padding for bad/busy weeks.

8 Likes

That’s precisely the problem - being in a guild Is one of the most critical aspects in the game in terms of personal advancement yet the game doesn’t even have real guilds.

The problem is that “higher performing” is often VERY subjective. Other than the very top guilds, there’s actual very little tangible difference between 15 and 30 for example.

The “advancement” is apparently ego driven or something.

2 Likes

Very true. Sadly, perception is reality. Many people perceive that they will get more from a higher ranked guild. In some cases, it may only be the difference of 1 or 2 legendary tasks if that.

And yea, some people just want bragging rights.

2 Likes

This information overload is melting the few brain cells I have left from my younger years. As a new GL, I’m taking all this in and trying to figure out what “I” can do to help build team unity. I’m not able to do anything about game mechanics and human nature. Well, except trying to nudge it in the direction I would like it to go.

I guess all I can really do is “lead by example” and hope for the best. I really like the idea of GLs being able to reward members in some form or fashion.

Anywho, if I keep going I will run out likes just the same as @htismaqe.

3 Likes