Leave goblins alone!

I essentially feel it all comes down to this. The kingdoms do not mix as well with their troops, dispersing the bonuses unfairly.

Goblin spells synergize well, as well as have easily acquirable bonuses. Many other kingdoms come close, but are missing that one troop.

Giant Cyclops doesn’t fit in with the Marauder Orcs, Knight Templar clashes with the Divine Paladin. Their are plenty of kingdoms that are only one or two troops off from being equally as viable as goblins, but simply miss the luxury.

Now that kingdoms aren’t limited in troop numbers, hopefully more can be added that actually fit their kingdoms as well as have synergetic spells. It’s really more a matter of time rather than immediate call to nerf.

1 Like

I personally am having no problem beating a goblin team 95% of the time, and I can beat them within less than a minute. The 5% that I can’t beat them in, I suspect it is mostly due to bad luck with gem falls.

A few days ago I decided to change my defense team which at the time, it was a very weak one so that I could attract a lot of loses so I could use the revenge back button for only 50 gold. But I decided I was tired of playing against low end players (sometimes that is all the AI gives depending on who is active) and wanted to only attract the higher end players, so I put out a stronger defense for that reason alone, so I chose a team of all goblins.

And I was pretty surprised to discover when I used that team of goblins, that I wasn’t getting hardly any defense defeats. So I had quickly changed out my defense team back to a less effective team once again. Apparently the goblins were over powering for others more so than me, but keeping in mind that they may not have all their troops and kingdoms leveled like me which does make a difference along with their hero level. The bonuses also help when having 4 marauder troops for example which also makes them stronger.

The goblins could possibly be slightly overpowered, and to some degree they may just appear to be compared to other troops of their same classification that have less power. But they are definitely beatable for me, and seem a lot easier to beat them then the webspinner when she was at her prime.

Mostly though, the goblins seems fine to me just the way they are, I would hate to lose their synergy they have when put together in a troop line up since that is what I enjoy most about them.

On another note, I don’t feel others are whinners every time they mention that a troop seems overpowered, because it usually just means they don’t know how to win against them (or that they really are over powered) and either way, they are just needing to be educated on how to go about winning when up against those troops.

Or they backed out after scouting your all-Goblin setup, as many people are tired of fighting this combo. :smile:

Momentary (at this time till dev balanced out the slime) . Green Slime and Goblin Sharman would beat the Goblin combos very easily.

Yesterday I almost created this same topic reading the slime discussion and especially the dev comment.

Goblins are great as they are. And supposed to have low cost and extra turns. The fact they were not a problem pre-patch is enough indication they are okay.

If the situation is considered different now, it must be from the 07 related changes – and fix those. Both team and kingdom bonuses are IMHO more than questionable globally. So work on those. As a fast fix maruders or Z. could gain an extra trait “uncooperative” that inhibits the the team bonus or adds a negating debuff. Or the types might be reconsidered.

And if they are so much better than other cards indeed, start adjusting the other cards to reach the playable range. That is what serves diversity in the good way not nerfing the current winner – unless it’s out of hand played by AI that is definitely not the case for maruders, and those afreaid are welcome to scout ahead. (+ see my suggestion on cheaper scouting options to help out).

MarvelKitDragon Tamer
3d

Apparently the goblins were over powering for others more so than me

Or they backed out after scouting your all-Goblin setup, as many people are tired of fighting this combo. :smile:

Yeah that is probably what happened. I wasn’t aware that this team was used that much though since I didn’t bump into it that much myself. I thought it was fairly easy to beat for higher level players which is what I was trying to attract.

I’m mostly in agreement with Esoxnepa on this. I’ve been running a goblin team ever since the Goblin Rocket came out, and the team has only gotten better and better wit updates. I’m not complaining, particularly since I’ve spent so much time building them up and getting them all to lvl 15, but I understand that they’re hard to handle. Hard, but not impossible.

If the Goblin Shaman was turned into something other than Marauder, that would be a decent hit to my setup, considering the Goblin Rocket is a Construct. That’s as far as I would go in nerfing goblins, and would actually be a pretty big nerf in itself. It may even be overboard.

The other thing that can be done is rather than nerfing one team is releasing cards that can help counter goblins. There aren’t really any anti-marauder or anti-green cards out there that I can think of. Maybe next week we can see a card that helps defeat goblin teams like mine.

And finally, I’ll just go ahead and point out strategies for beating my goblin team, which is:

1. Boar Rider
  2. Goblin Scout
  3. Goblin Shaman
  4. Goblin Rocket

Advice:

• My team works well because of the top two units, which gather green mana. Take them out, and the Goblin Shaman is useless and only slows down the Rocket Goblin. Use a Serpent to poison both of those goblins, which will be easy to build up quickly because my team doesn’t use blue mana at all.
  • Creating blue gems will slow down my team considerably, which doesn’t use blue.
  • Brown is also a particularly useless color to flood the board with, making those Worm/Acolyte teams a nightmare to fight with my goblins. They also go straight for my Goblin Rocket, which is where my damage comes from.
  • Cards that remove all red gems will keep me from being able to use my Goblin Rocket as often as I’d like
  • Use units that can drain mana or silence. My team requires constant mana coming in to stay as fast as they are.
  • Goblins aren’t particularly strong, they just hit a lot. Reduce their magic to make those hits weaker, which works exponentially better on goblins than big units.
  • Let me reiterate how devastating a Blast Cannon is against a finely-tuned team. Teams like that generally rely on other cards doing their job to make chain reactions. Break one link, the whole chain fails. “Silence is Golden” is a good rule against goblins.

Mainly, remember that you have the advantage of strategy, whereas the AI follows a very predictable path. If you know what it’s going to do, you can easily sucker it into wasting turns.

My advice is that rather than having the game change to make a tough enemy weaker, focus on how to beat that enemy. Set up a special “anti-goblin” team if you need to. They only seem tougher than other teams because they work differently, not because they’re better. That means they have different weaknesses, so aim for those weaknesses.

2 Likes

Well said falcon4287, they really aren’t that hard to beat with several different kinds of team line ups, so you can even use the ones you prefer the most to take them out. Another good one for beating that team is to use something like Ragnagord where you can choose which mana color to deprive the goblins of.

Old thread. But don’t we miss the Goblins? I do say that both nerfs that was on Boar Rider and Goblin Rocket a year ago or so, could be reversed. Boar Rider had 9 in mana before, and Goblin Rocket had 9-10.

4 Likes

I think that’s only true if you’re late-stage. They’re still very popular and strong early on. Honestly, they’re still a bit too strong early on. They just don’t scale well now.

1 Like

They both had a 9 mana cost prior.

I could see Boar Rider being reverted, but Goblin Rocket can’t due to having fire link.

3 Likes

I think they are both still pretty great effect/mana wise considering their rarity, in any case a revert of their manacost would not make Gobs relevant in endgame, just a tad stronger in early/mid game.
What Goblins need to be relevant in endgame are more higher rarity troops with bigger cost+Impact spells to complement their base of efficient low rarity troops.
Nobend Brothers are pretty amazing imho, they should introduce more epic Goblins, and a legendary or two as well.

I think you’d see Boar Rider in more beast decks if Kerberos wasn’t such a superior choice.

Wish granted. We have 2 goblins coming later this year (an epic + a legendary).

16 Likes

I hope they are better then goblin king :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Goblin King, he lives on my green team for guild wars as a summoner.

2 Likes

Krystanex or goblin king choice is easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome, looking forward to it.

Goblin hero class too please? :grin:

6 Likes