Lazy zooming instead of fixing?

OK, just my opinion but it really feels like rather than fixing certain issues, someone took a shortcut and messed with the zoom. It’s already been mentioned elsewhere but the latest patch change to UI has some weird bugs, like chat being smaller if launched from the world map compared to other places in the game, the icons on the world map shifting closer when in some parts of game (like events, guild menu, etc) and only returning when moving on the map, now I’ve discovered this one. When clicking on a menu, the game lagged for a second or two and I saw the zoom (I guess, not sure what else to call it) adjust, then the game froze on the new zoom while loading up the menu. I grabbed a screenshot to get a better look, and I’m pretty sure this is what the new map screen should look like, but the game is zooming out to make it look better. When you enter certain menus, the game zooms back in so they look right, then when you exit the game should zoom out again but gets stuck.
I’m guessing that the new UI is the wrong size, and rather than fix it, we got a quick solution, to mess with zoom so the size is better. And this has caused a bunch of other bugs, like those I listed. I’m really hoping this is just a stopgap measure and they’re gonna fix it later, rather than continuing to build on top and messing it up more.

Am I crazy? Does this seem right?

For reference:

This is what the map screen looks like “normally”, with zoom adjusted out.

And this is what the map screen looks like after exiting a menu, with kingdom icons shifted closer. Note Khaziel’s position for a good example of how much they move.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Have noticed this sudden flipping between the old map screen and the new one often since the update. Only ever takes a fraction of a second for me but looks kinda shoddy.

3 Likes