Kraken tentacles fixed yet?

I play the console version so I am unsure if it has been fixed yet. If the kraken IS dealing damage on matches of four or more though, what are peoples favorite looping teams with kraken.

I was thinking
Jarl Firemantle
Eternal Flame
Kraken
Kraken

or

Jarl Firemantle
Courage
Kraken
Kraken

or

Jarl Firemantle
Courage
Eternal Flame
Kraken

Since I remember Jarl/Eternal Flame loop was one of my most effective looping teams, Jarl will also deal decent damage going off over and over.

Of course those teams don’t truly make use of Kraken’s 40% devour chance, it just kinda sits there so it’s passive goes off over and over.

Unfortunately I cannot test the efficiency of such teams until Kraken comes out on PS4, other thoughts on Kraken teams?

Yes, Kraken traits is back to “deal 3 damage to all enemies on 4 or 5 gem matches.” Kraken loops really well with Giant Spider. You can build deck around those two. Something like Green Seer - Giant Spider - Kraken - Kraken. Though I don’t really rely on his trait. I like kraken more because of his devour chance and blue gem creator. I’ve been enjoying Gorgotha - Green Slime/Giant Spider/Dragon Soul - Kraken - Death lately. It’s fun deck, much loops and instakill, also viable for high end PvP.
I used to like looping team but it consumes too much time. Explode is faster.

While I agree looping teams are generally slow, if you are dealing 6 damage per loop (or more) to ALL opponents while looping with Jarl/Eternal Flame+burning, would that not actually have a fairly decent clear rate?

Granted it probably won’t compare to something like
Khorvash
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat
Mercy

but I don’t feel it would fall THAT far behind…

Hellcat + Alchemist or Green Seer + Giant Spider are other loop cores to run.

1 Like

Yes the Kraken tentacles trait works properly now and it’s awesome!

I haven’t tried using a Jarl/Kraken setup yet…I would think that each troop would create gems that clashes with the other. Several of the teams that I personally use include:

Khorvash
Kraken
Valk
Queen Mab

Kraken
Valk
Justice
Mab

Gorgotha
TDS
Death
Kraken

Green Sear
Giant Spider
Kraken
Kraken

I really enjoy the first team since you get a stun, freeze and AoE ping on 4-5 matches. Kraken creates more blues for EK and Mab, devour proc is icing on the cake. EK hits front, Kraken hits back, Mab hits everyone. Becoming one of my go to invade teams :slight_smile:

I have never tried Eternal Flame because I don’t have it. True, 6 damage per loop might be good on the paper. But how many loops you need to take out 100+ armor and life combined as most of end game player troops have?
I haven’t tried using Jarl and Kraken combo too though. But I think those 2 spawn different color of gems and Probably would interfere the loops. Unless you plan not to cast Kraken at all which is I would consider as a waste.
And no, I don’t consider EK+Bat combo is fast. It is very solid and reliable against any kind of deck but I won’t say it’s fast.

I haven’t used Jarl in awhile, but he deals at least 20+ damage per shot, and usually loops into himself. I couldn’t say how much he would deal at maximum level with all kingdoms + guild bonuses etc atm because I haven’t used him for awhile and frankly I lost count of all the magic bonuses you can get these days.

He creates 9 reds and 9 yellows, then eternal flame (charges on yellow) creates a red gem where you want it and 7 more red gems at random.

So kraken/Jarl loop each other, double kraken would just be there for passive damage, and looping is pretty consistent for those two.

I agree though, with the massive hp pool we now have a passive kraken team just might not be worthwhile…

Realistically Green Seer/Giant Spider might work better because they can all loop off of each other…

I do plan to mess with some kraken looping teams when he does come out because I did so enjoy them in the old days of gems.

My current invade team actually is:
Hellcat (30 attack with applying burn, that’s why on first spot)
Alchemist
Infernal king
Kraken

You will think right away how that team doesn’t use any blue. It doesn’t and it doesn’t need to.
I’ve tried it with giant spider and with mab but this one I mentioned works best.

1 Like