Kraken killing multiple units

It’s not like there aren’t a dozen troops that can wipe entire teams in 1 or 2 casts. Besides, Kraken doesn’t usually do enough damage in 1 cast to kill 2 troops. Usually takes 2 shots or something else to weaken them first for it to happen. Not very broken.

Though at lower levels I suppose 1 cast is possible. I don’t recall how kraken’s damage scales. But at least against fully leveled troops it should never be a 3 in 1 shot.

3 Likes

It does do enough to kill in one cast, if you’ve softened em up first! That’s what people usually do via looping or maybe another troop.

Kraken was (presumably, given recent counter evidence to how much QA new troops really go through) tested and balanced with its original, Adobe Air based parameters, and was already a really solid troop before Unity took away target lock and allowed it to devour after killing. In the original design, devour occurring second was meant to make the troop weaker - there was no barrier counter, and dealing damage before devouring gave you less of a buff. The thing is, the troop was already really strong under this design. To say that a troop that was already in the top 5% received an intentional buff to “more accurately fit the wording” or that it was somehow always intended to be how it is now is an even worse implication with respect the dev teams ability to properly test and balance troops.

5 Likes

But only if something else weakens them. That’s my argument for Kraken not being broken because there’s more required than just a single cast. :wink:

His cast is typically between 25 - 35 damage. Not enough to kill much of anything on its own unless it devours 1.

Same, but for Khorvash – arguably better than Kraken before, and now more powerful still.

1 Like

Kraken could kill 3 troops since I don’t know when, and well before the Unity client, at least on Android. Whenever the opponent had only 3 troops left with the bottom ones at less than 23 Life, I used to think: “Now i have 40% chance of winning this game”.

1 Like

I agree with you, I’m not in disagreement with what you’re saying. :relaxed:

I just had a Kraken kill my last troop with his spell, then devour the third, and then also devour the second. So there is definitely something going on.

Are you sure Kraken didn’t kill last and then his 4 match ability killed the 3rd from the blue gems produced and then he devoured the 2nd? And nothing else would have triggered a devour or death? If you’re sure then yes I’d say that was a bug and not the intended result.

1 Like

I have had that happen before, but in this particular instance it was a double devour. I only know because I had the teeth show up twice, and Krakens attack jumped up by almost 80 in one turn. I should have taken a screenshot, but I am assuming it is a pretty rare issue. If I see it again (which I sincerely hope I don’t), I will make sure to document it.