Kraken-Forest Troll-Mab-Kraken defense teams...anyone find any good counters?

1. I never said you were wrong.
  2. I doubt 14 million people use this forum.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

And i didnt say you specifically since i remember well who said i was wrong amd it wasnt youā€¦

Also, I believe that @Tacet suggested in another thread that Mercy works fine. It can deny purples on turn 1, or get you rid of freezes somewhen mid-game.

I ran that exact same team except with DawnBringer during last weeks event and it absolutely rocked! I now have it in my rotation and even without the 10-20% bonuses itā€™s still very effective. Seemed to be a very good Defend team too :wink:

Desert Troll
Fire Giant
Titan w DawnBringer
Infernus

2 Likes

Savage Hunter
Troglodyte
Rock Troll
Keghammer

Kill Troll with Keghammer (trog-boosted)
Then you have Hunter in front with 40 attack (double on Kraken) with 66% chance to cast on Kraken for triple damage.
Last 2 troop canā€™t be devoured

7 Likes

I tried a Savage Hunter/Keghammer build but it felt like it needed more oomph, didnā€™t have rock Troll either. I didnā€™t think of using a Trog! genius. :+1:t2:

So went for the team I made above and focused on removing the Mab first.

I have been having pretty good luck with Krystenax/Krystenax/Dragon Soul/Elemaugrim I have lost around 5 or 6 battles out of 200 against that team this week. Krystenax must be full traited because you are taking itā€™s colours off the board and Elemaugrim must have the impervious trait. The only time I cast Elemaugrim is when it will kill both Krakens because if it misses it can fill Krakens but if itā€™s only Mab itā€™s fine because she canā€™t do anything to Ele or Dragon Soul. I also never take skulls because with Krystenaxs flying she canā€™t be entangled and with stone skin and Eles third trait she can take a lot of hits.

What I do is take a purple asap to get enchant going on Nax and then rush up either Dragon Soul or Nax depending on the board if the board is full of blues or greens I just rush up the Nax. I only ever cast Dragon Soul and 1 Krystenax I always keep a Nax full for when either Troll or Kraken gets ups. If Troll is up I remove greens or if Kraken is up I remove blues even when the Troll is dead I still remove blues because it usually gives Kraken a lot of extra turn damage and it fills Mab and allows her to cast and get an extra turn.

If you can remove enough blues and greens then the Kraken/Troll team sucks and can be beaten easily but you will get bad boards and the ai will get lucky sometimes and it will still destroy you

Wisp
Loyalty
Wisp
Keghammer

Use wisp before you fire keg

Use the same team.

Surprisingly reliable counter, although still not 100% proof, more like 98% proof, is any looping team with Alchemist and Hellcat. You can put one or two Krakens at the bottom, Sheggra, Sekhma, Gardā€™s Avatar, King Highforge, Famine, Astral Spirit to remove green, etc. I tried about two dozen cards, it is mostly working well. There are a few hiccups of course but so are with any other enemy decks. Most important is not to rely on skull damage when Forest troll is on top, remove green rapidly, and have some tolerance against freeze. For example, HC-Al-Kraken-Kraken is pretty tolerant to freeze because Krakens donā€™t use red or yellow. If using King Highforge, try to cast as soon as possible to stun Mab and remove the threat of getting frozen.

And I think I finally found decent red team for GW that works OK. Carnex-Valkyrie-Tesla-King Highforge. This team is not good for AoE high damage looping decks like dragons or wisps but is resilient enough in most other cases and has a decent summoner.

Not any looping teamā€¦ but add Mercy in to cleanse any freeze and accelerate yellows onto the boardā€¦

RiverSong, in this team Iā€™m using Khorvash on the 1st place. >90% wins, even against 9900+ power teams. Krakens devour last 2 troops while Khorvash makes a game.

Most of the time. I just being in the mirror match in pvp. keghammer is also plan b. skull tap it then nuke it will kill the troll at the beginning of the match,

I tried Mercy as well. It makes it slightly more reliable but also more slow. Also, Mercy in this setup is one-shot card, you wonā€™t be able to charge her spell again because all her colors are removed. Reliability is very subjective because it is already very reliable, so maybe it can be increased from 98% to 99%, IDK, it is hardly possible to lose either way. Fastest PvP clearing times are actually with two Krakens due to blobs glitching. If this signature ā€œblob featureā€ of the game is not abused, using Nobend Brothers and Queen Grapplepot lowers reliability (cannot get frozen even on a single card, still playable though even if frozen) but gives faster clearing times.

I decided to investigate further and see if @vangor was right about his dragon teamā€¦ it kinda works, but for me has been less reliable than just using any other fast or good teamā€¦ You canā€™t often bank on having a Krystenax cast ready to remove the greens when the troll fills upā€¦

I have had the most success with:
Keghammer
Krystenax
Dragon Soul
Behemoth or Elemaugrim

Keghammerā€™s spell plus one skull match or any other spell cast almost always kills the troll before it can castā€¦ then charge TDS or Nax and can usually outpace the krakens for damageā€¦ impervious in the last slot is essentialā€¦

Lolā€¦ Only took you 2 weeks to actually try it and i am sorry it didnt work out for you.

Dont feel bad thoā€¦ There will be no need to try any more of my suggestios since there wonā€™t be anyā€¦

Iā€™ve had great luck with these guys
Forest Troll
Infernus
Loyalty
Doomclaw (double devour happens often)

Alchemist, Hellcat, Goblin Rocket, Nobend Brothers. It works almost against everything, but itā€™s s.l.o.w. and the loop once started must never touch the ground.

THANK YOU sincerely River Song for your suggested counter to this team. I have been considering quitting the entire game because of this team. It shows up so often in PvP in one form of another and everything I tried had a success rate of about 30%. With this team so far I am 3 for 3 and that is such an improvement. :grinning: