[Known Issue] Potion gems deactivates spells and do not spawn gems in

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox Series X
Screenshot or image:
The first image shows the stucked brown mana potion. I’m able to move the cursor, but the potion is still present. The second image shows the deativated spell. And no, it’s not a status effect and the problem ALWAYS happen together with the visual/gameplay bug.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The enemy matched 3 brown gems including a brown potion gem during a cascade, but the potion did not spawn several gems of this specific color expected, it was “stuck” in it’s animation resulting in a visual bug (you see the potion gem displayed on the board and it’s not going away) AND a bug that deactive the cast/spells of my troops, i guess because the game still waits for the potion effect to kick in.

The only thing i can do afterwards is to match some gems, afterwards the the effect of the potion appears (to be more spefific: if i make a simple 3 gem match, the enemys turn starts with a potion effect!) and the potion graphic bug disappears, but needless to say it’s very annoying to have deactived spells during your turn, even if you get the turn in a unfair way a bit sooner, because the enemy probably have looped some more with a working potion gem.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happened during PVP and Monolith battles in Bay of Stars. Maybe 1 time out of 10 battles? I had it 4 times now i decided to write this report.

Steps to make it happen again
Playing PVP in this kingdom for a while. The restriction needs to be “Mana Potions Gems”.

This is a known issue. It happens when one of your troops has a trait that triggers a mana potion at the start of your turn, before you make your move, it’s not caused by an enemy cascade.

In your example, Takshaka’s wildcard creation at the start of your turn triggered a potion. It can look like the enemy caused it because it happens right after the enemy turn ends.

You could be right with wildcards in this case causing the trouble, even if there are not even combined directly with a mana potion. Here is a clip with this bug two times in one minute: Kugare playing Gems of War today

I hope devs fix this some day, until then i guess i skip farming VP in this kingdom with this troop setup. Thanks for your clarification btw.

work as intended. close topic