[Known Issue] Battle did not end when all troops defeated

Platform, device version and operating system:
Mobile, Samsung galaxy s22, Android

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected the battle to end when all troops were defeated, but the battle did not end and there is no action i can take including retreat.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is the only time this has happened to me.

Steps to make it happen again
In today’s class event (feb 8), a battle against bullette, soothsayer, minogor, and chief stronghorn.
Using geomancer class with mountain crusher in the first spot, scourge of honor second, soldier of wrath, then queen of sin. Scourge of honor was charged and casted killing all enemies except for soothsayer who remained with 2 health. Soldier of wrath was then cast and soothsayer immediately died. No troop was selected for soldier of wrath to damage to kill soothsayer. Soothsayer died immediately leaving no troops, and no more actions were possible. Retreating also had no effect although i could access the menu and select the retreat option.

2 Likes

This is a bug can happen when using Ironhawk or Queen of Sin with a troop or weapon that targets a troop. If casting a spell where you would select an enemy and the damage enemies trait on Ironhawk or Queen of Sin kills the last enemy you’re unable to select an enemy and you cannot exit.

It was reported in December, we’re still waiting for a fix.

8 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t see it in the known issues. I must have missed it.

1 Like

Yeah, this comes in several forms but it all boils down to one sequence of events:

1 - When you cast a manual-target spell, the game quickly assembles a list of eligible targets for use with the following prompt.
2 - However, because this is the start of a spellcast, any “on cast” traits are triggered and process asynchronously, some of which (Ironhawk, Queen of Sin) may damage/kill enemies. Likewise, any Heroic Gems that may have been triggered (Lycanthropy Gems, etc) but are still animating are also processed asynchronously.
3 - In any case, basically any change to a potential target does not prompt the game engine to update the list of spell targets, which can leave the game softlocked at the “Select a target” prompt if that list is now empty.

As a common example, if there are two enemy Troops, one of which is Stealthy, you cast a manual-target spell and the non-Stealthy Troop dies as a result (again, via Ironhawk or Queen of Sin), the targeting prompt is not informed that the Stealthy troop should now be an available target, leaving the spell softlocked with no selectable targets. And there is no recourse but to forfeit the battle entirely.

7 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

This is a currently known issue with the development team where you may experience being soft locked and the victory screen does not appear.

I’ve also let the development team know about your case.

In the meantime @Sorg , please provide your Invite Code!

2 Likes

Sorg_sevz is my invite code

My game is currently in this state at the end of a Boss fight in Underspire. I have video of the moves leading up to the soft lock. It sounds like the issue is already well understood, since my team includes Queen of Sin, but if the video would be of use, let me know and I’ll upload it.

MADDWARF_D3ZL

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile: @MadDwarf

I would greatly appreciate it if you could upload your video!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently this forum doesn’t allow .mp4 files to be uploaded directly, but here’s a link to the file: Gems of War-2024_02_09-19_40_25.mp4

If you have trouble accessing it, please let me know and I’ll find another way to get it to you.

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the video!

Quick Question

• What platform you were playing on when recording this footage?

Xbox Series X.

1 Like