Khetar Trials

“might” :stuck_out_tongue:

“might” lose just those two :crazy_face:

Yeah, I think this is the way to go, but actually executing it needs very high-level stats + very careful board control to deny the opponent skull matches + a lot of luck to avoid accidental skullfalls + additional luck to get a Wight summon and keep it alive — and you pretty much need a Wight to take out the final Alistair, without one his constant armor-buffing and barriering is a statemate that usually ends with skullfall taking you out.

I’ve managed this once so far, at Epic II; not yet at Epic III in many tries. (I got lucky in Epic I: a gnome crashed in replacing their Keeper.)

It’s very frustrating and makes me want to rage-quit the game so: good going, devs.

1 Like

If crow is in 4th place then you are waiting for 2 troops to be full mana before you can cast it once (unless you get a lot of blues). I dont have 3 medals of nysha, i have 1, even though that would only increase my crow damage by another 16. Thier keeper of souls has 500 hitpoints.

My base Crow gets 56 damage, 68 with the medals. With double damage against Undead, in theory you would need 5 casts to kill their Keeper. This is what worked for me, but it may not be right for everyone. I know there are players who were able to win using skull damage, but I couldn’t do it that way. I was just posting this as an alternative for people to try.

I have since managed Epic III with Bobby’s Crow-at-the-bottom approach; have failed many many attempts on Epic IV. I think I’m done trying; this is not fun at all and repeatedly banging my head against this brick wall is putting me off the entire game.

Yeah, 5 Crow casts to kill the Keeper for me too; but it’s very hard to keep the rest of the team alive through that, and even if the kill does summon me a Wight it often gets killed on the next enemy move by the skulls that the Keeper’s kill created.

2 Likes

if you feel like trying a different strategy…

I did it with:

Bone Dragon
Apophisis
Carrion Crow
Keeper of Souls

Spam Crow on Alastair and not Keeper of Souls, because 2x damage vs undead and 25% skull reduction makes it much harder for skulls to matter. Enemy Wights are annoying, but not always a 100% occurrence and the enemy Keeper of Souls is somehow deadly, but Alastair will wall out indefinitely once left unblocked.

Once Alastair is dead, it is much more reasonable to skull down the rest of the enemy team… Non-Crow casts can be used, but the goal is to get rid of Alastair before it becomes the front line troop. (Bone Dragon should only be used in emergencies otherwise it slows down the Crow). Dealing with Barrier, Armor gain, 25% skull reduction and 2x damage at that dmg output and unblocked mana gain is too much at once.

Advanced tactics: Apophisis and Keeper of Souls can be used safely to hit with if it doesn’t leave a lot of extra skulls behind. Easier said than done though, since most people are trained to look for extra turns and extra turns doesn’t always mean best outcome for not leaving skulls on the table.

I couldn’t rely on my Wights to matter or spawn them in places to stay alive.

4 Likes

WE beat it in 1 or 2 tries. The trick was to rearrange the troops. We used the one troop to damage alastair as much as possible before it gets killed by skulls. Then you fill bone dragon and keeper. Then you cast everything and kill the top troop and hopefully a wraith comes out. Repeat until you win. It took me 1 to 2 tries per level. It was easy, but there is a little luck based.

Easy? People gave up after 23 hours trying…

Whoever said the trials, any trial to be exact, is easy is either extremely lucky, or extremely bluffy. Each trial from each kingdom costed me at least more than 10 hours, and I’m not a new player at all. Then, what about the new players? What do they learn from these garbage trials, by the way?

1 Like

I have been saying this for over 20 years now. Games are intended to be fun. If one doesn’t enjoy it, then why play it. I have been watching for the past 5-7 years about players complaining. Its a shame they don’t know what we know. But every time we take the time and effort to teach and/or share, we always run into someone challenging us. For example, there was always a way to take advantage of RNG in the game. However, if the devs knew that, they would fix it. Some long term players challenged us, calling us liars, or other negative names. So, I posted for almost a year every time I got Nysha tokens (11 in one day), or Imperial deeds ( I was at 74 until I upgraded 1 kingdom from 16 to 20 and 3 kingdoms from 16 to 19).

I already posted how to beat Khetar. Put carrion crow on top and hit alastair as much as possible until you lose it. Then don’t cast anything until you fill bone dragon and keeper. Luck based is in reference to using Apophisis when you have 4 matches with green and skulls after using bone dragon. This combination melted the top troop and almost all skulls were cleared away. Hopefully, you summoned a wraith as a meat shield while you are busy filling up bone dragon, apophisis, and keeper again so you can melt the next troop on top. Their keeper killed 2 of my troops and summoned 2 wraiths, but by that time, I already took out 3 troops and eventually the 2 wraiths, and finally keeper. It took me 2 tries to beat level 350, 300, and 250. I beat level 225 and 275 on 1 try. When I didn’t summon a wraith after killing 2 troops, I just reset on those 3 attempts.

Epic trials are not meant for new players.

1 Like

And other people already posted that it is not doable for many players, in detail, and why your method does not work for them. We may be “new” players for whom the trials are not intended in your opinion, BUT, how come could complete the previous challenges with relative ease, ages ago, then? Whatever you think about these trials not being made for anyone but the crème de la crème of players, it’s bad game design to make level 200 (or whatever it previously was) possible for players at level 500 or lower, but 225 impossible for players at 1000 +, and it makes no sense from a monetisation perspective either, unless the devs want people to waste money trying to upgrade their troops (which they may not even have access to if they completed the challenges before but have not acquired them yet by other means) and still fail, which isn’t sensible from a long-term perspective, as those people will rage-quit unless they are prone to the sunk-cost fallacy, which would make them keep playing but not because they want to or enjoy it.

As much as the trials may be somehow fun for you and some others, the way they are presented makes no sense for reasons mentioned above (being impossible to just downright annoying and tedious for players in an approximately 1k level bracket, being unappealing to many of the players they are actually allegedly catering to, being nonsensical from a monetisation/game longevity perspective). They don’t teach anyone anything, either, besides negative things, like bad team composition. I do not believe that free to play games intentionally gate content from a large section of their player-base in an illogical manner. A logical variant would be to unlock them once you get to a level where you can tank a few hits, or have achieved a certain benchmark in base stats.

5 Likes

Epic trails is not meant for anybody, new or old. Nobody will believe your bragging stories, but feel free to continue with them. Whatever you are up to…

4 Likes

What profit are they getting out of Epic Trials?

1 Like

I have been playing this game for around 10 years and I’m Level 1425, so I am certainly not a “new player”.

But I’m also not a player who is going to waste many hours of his life bashing my head against a brick wall in the hope that, at some point, I’ll get lucky and the wall will fall down.

5 Likes

Wasn’t the game released in 2015?

1 Like

That’s why they wrote “around” ten years.

1 Like

It may have actually only been 8 years, but it feels longer… :crazy_face:

1 Like