Joe's Tuesday/Wednesday Stuff, 2/13 - 2/14

Oh, to start, this blog is picking up where I left off from my FF XIV Lodestone blog. If you’re interested in my…storyline, for lack of a better word…for some context, go here. Heck, if you’d like to see my very, very, very first post, go here instead lol.

TUESDAY

Joe’s Gems of War Stream, 2/13/2024
Pinball FX3: Ms. Marvel, Last 5 Minutes, 2/13/2024

Pretty dead stream this morning, with only djscrew361, Lmartyr, and Keitaro87 coming on for short periods.

They didn’t miss a whole lot though. Did the usual PvP until the reset, and then got on the dailies. Got all that squared away, and then did the raid boss, which went super quick (used double sigils in order to continue one-shotting the boss, and no Valraven appeared that I know of). After that, it was off to the faction assault, which is actually one of the easier ones, since I can use my Zuul’Goth team for this one. It did however, go overlong, since I had to buy the weapon, which foists you with extra sigils, making the event go longer than needed.

And once all that was done it was back to PvP, this time the Central Spire stuff, where I won all but 1-2 of my battles, with the usual Queen & King team.

And for weekly Pinball later on I did awesome (for the most part)! I beat 2 out of the 4 tables in the Pinball FX3 weekly matchup league. Hmmm. Okay. Did a few randos, and I just crushed my previous high score in the Star Wars: The Last Jedi table. And then I COMPLETELY DEMOLISHED my previous high score on the Ms. Marvel table. What a session! And not surprisingly, the top of my left hand all the way to my wrist was hurtin’, so I definitely had to call it off after that.

WEDNESDAY

Joe’s Gems of War Stream, 2/14/2024

A better Gems of War stream than yesterday despite the bad sleep (sinus problems and a low vibrating noise coming from somewhere), with Keitaro87, djscrew361, and Delcun coming by and hanging out for most of the session (I think yesterday everybody just came and went)

And like usual, I did some PvP until the game reset, this time mostly playing with a team in the “Purple” kingdom that Delcun made for me:

Purple kingdom team

And once the reset kicked in I got going on the dailies, eventually getting all them done, the raid boss event too. After that: That’s right, you guessed it. PvP! Doing the old-school Central Spire stuff for the rest of the session. And lots of tough fights this time. I even managed to timestamp a few of them. :grin: And I ended up having to bail out of a few of them as well, since the Wand of Stars weapon was backfiring on me (Wand of Stars: Can’t live with it. Can’t live without it. :expressionless:)

Last Action Hero

And later on I started watching Last Action Hero again. It popped up in my YouTube recommendations so, why not. I liked it the first time. So let’s see how well it holds up a second time. Later: Yep! Still does. Aside from a few cringy parts, I liked the movie just as much now as I did when I last watched this about a year ago.

But, otherwise, that’s gonna do 'er for now. Gotta work tonight, so I need to lay down for a bit. And I’ll be posting up another on Friday. Until then, take care. :wink: