Jinx does it work at all?

My opinion is that I think computer has adventage on some traits in the game. I think that is obvious by now.

If I can give ya a little adviceā€¦ Donā€™t overthink all of these things, the game is what it is and nothing can be done about it from our side. What youā€™re doing will take the fun factor away from the game for you.

6 Likes

Yeah, I will softly calm down. :relieved:

2 Likes

To be sure, I do not see the words ā€œMana Surgeā€ on 4 of a kind. But your argument that the reason is because it says ā€œExtra Turnā€ instead is false. When I get 5 of a kind I see both.

I just played four games and saw zero mana surges on 4 of a kind. But I will do some more testing, watching my mana globes specifically.

I believe it has already been confirmed that a match-4 will NEVER give mana surge. Iā€™ve been playing for almost as long as the game exists and Iā€™m pretty sure I never ever got a mana surge on a match-4.

I just did some more tests.
Things of note:

1. I took four of a kind as often as possible, even when I could have took five of a kind. Youā€™re welcome.
  2. I took note not just of my match ups, but also the enemy.
  3. To that guy who just attacked me with 3 venoxia and a green slime. thanks. It was a long slow drawn out battle that I almost lost, but it gave me heaps of data points.
  4. A mana surge of a four of a kind can never give you 7 mana. It gives 4 naturally. Surge would make it 8, bonus would make it 9.
  5. Zero counts of mana surge on 4 of a kind in my anecdotal small sample size of about 100 matches tonight. (4 of a kind matches, not PVP battles. Iā€™m not THAT good!)

At this point, my opinion has only been solidified. I need visual evidence of it before Iā€™ll believe it can occur.

5 Likes

Some of the devs stated a while ago that 4 of a kind never gives mana surges.

Odd. What the heck have I been seeing thenā€¦

Probably an after drop of 3 mana match that didnā€™t surge and you didnā€™t pay attention at.

Iā€™m pretty sure this was recently changedā€¦

Always used to be that a 4 match had a very low chance of mana surge - say around 10% of your normal chance from 3 matchesā€¦ this was because it was felt that getting the extra turn was already enough of an advantageā€¦

Now I think in 109 (but canā€™t see it in the patch notes) or anyways, recently, it got changed so that 4 matches have the same mana surge chance as 3 matchesā€¦ not sure whyā€¦

I think Iā€™ve seen surges on 4 matches a lot more, recently, but I am not testing that rigorouslyā€¦

Devs?

[math nazi]
Ekhm, just a technicality: itā€™s not logarithmic. Itā€™s an inverted proportion. Sorry, couldnā€™t stop myself :wink:
[/math nazi]

Itā€™s not that. The more Mastery you have the less youā€™re affected by Jinx. So if youā€™re fighting a higher level opp with more Masteries it actually is better for AI. If itā€™s the other way around (you have more Masteries than the opp) itā€™s better for you. Either way Jinx is worth anything only against relatively low levels.

As for Agile - Iā€™m afraid itā€™s recall biasā€¦

1 Like

Im not low level, I have masteries to over 55. Thats my experience, you have yours, thats fine.

I wasnā€™t implying that. I just supposed you had fought higher level opps, thatā€™s all.
No offence intended :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had the same experience fighting higher and lower level players.

Iā€™m going to flip the argument - i dont have any guys with jinx. what i see is that I make less surges when they have jinx.

I feel like Jinx should do 2/3 reduction instead of 1/2 due to it hitting the number rather than the percentage. There also needs to be a legend that stops all surges even if it is done on a 5x+, or add the no surge restriction to decay.

1 Like

Whatā€™s up with pc/mobile devs, I havenā€™t seen Sirrian or Nimhain for a while now?

i think they were in the USA for some conferences? i know California and Florida from a couple of posts. :slight_smile:

Yep I just checked their history, Sirrian mentioned an Airport in Florida. From 14th March to this date Sirrian made the same number of posts he made during 12th and 13th March alone, and no posts from Nimhain past 20th March. I miss their responses :unamused:

And now weā€™re reminded of what forums are like when the devs donā€™t care :slight_smile: