It's Christmas, so no new Glory troop

For the first time ever there is not a new Glory troop released in the shop.
Instead we get a rerun for a troop that was released 3 years ago.

So either it’s bugged and the troop that was supposed to be released needs to be mailed out to all players.

Or… You NEED an actual person (not team) in charge of community management so that they know they have the responsibility to announce these things. Or information is given to the player base such as world event points.

It’s clear that since Salty left the community manager has been by committee. Most likely determined by who has time to help. But if everyone is busy or on vacation. The Gems of War just doesn’t have a community manager?

What’s the point of having interaction with your community at all then if you aren’t going to be a reliable and consistent entity?

Your shops are open 52 weeks a year. Therefore your company should work 52 weeks a year.

15 Likes

According to this I guess it was done on purpose.

5 Likes

Exactly.

Your local shop has someone working to make money.

So should online businesses

And as it’s a CHRISTIAN HOLIDAY
why not employ a muslim to work Christian holidays.

No real excuses for no notifications everrrrr.

Before I get dumb replies saying they need time off.
It’s a laptop job, not construction or brain surgery.
Plus iv answered that anyway

Hire a Muslim or a Buddhist any religion none Christian will do.

Your local shop shuts down over the holidays.

Running an event-free week would have been an option to them. Instead they set up cardboard staff and expect us to keep buying as much as in every other week.

In Liverpool .

My shops are open 9 to 5 Christmas eve

Pubs restaurant and local convenience stores ran by Muslims open Christmas day.

Everything open boxing Day.

Liverpool is a major UK city.

Please remind yourself not to speak for the whole planet earth.

And seriously you didn’t know we’re I was from.

But you told me my local shop was shut today.

Are you god or psychic or a stalker.

Do you know the name of my local shop

Just wow . What a troll.

You must be American

Ok 2.3 billion Christians on planet earth celebrate today.

1.8 billion Muslims on planet earth. Don’t celebrate today .

8 billion people on planet earth.

I’m in the UK. We welcome other religions living here, don’t need a big wall.

We don’t forget if you go back in your genealogy. I can guarantee your relatives were immigrants.

Your not the leaders of the free world, even your misiles and tanks have Chinese chips .

Anyway my point is, 1.3 of every 4 shops are shut. Or 2.3 out of every 8.

Gems of war is a worldwide game. Not a Christian game just for , USA , UK, Europe , Australia. S.africa and other Christian countries.

Can you and everyone else on this forum remember that. As there’s a lot of posts about Christian holidays. It’s very nieve and insular thinking.

Funny, would have thought the same about you.

Americans at times feel like pretty much the only ones, who expect all shops to be opened every day of the year, 24 hours without breaks and fight for a no-days-off work mentality. Over here, shops not only can close down over christmas, but they have to by law (with exceptions for restaurants and petrol stations).
That’s not a religious thing, that’s a thing about setting national holidays. Same as with weekends.

But try to tell someone in the age of the internet, that there is such a thing like closing hours…

Like I said, not blaming them for taking time off; blaming them for running any more than the most baseline schedule during this period.

2 Likes

Sorry to derail the shop talk conversation, but while it may be Christmas with no new glory troop, happy Christmas to me: glory from the underspire counts towards the exalted path glory task. :dancing_women: ||hope this is deliberate :shushing_face:||

3 Likes

Even if they hired a Muslim they would still get the day off likely with pay. If a person does not celebrate a holiday their job likely will still give them the day off with pay. :rofl:

3 Likes

Waste of time interacting with “TheTruth,” :wink: this must be at least their 10th forum account now.

Will just end up with threads being locked as usual.

5 Likes

That you? :point_down:

Again, that you? :point_down:

None of you guys are American which is hilarious.

Back to the actual topic, what they could have done is set everything up before going on vacation.

No need for a non Christian - who by the way may also want to spend time with their families as they usually don’t get time off as a national holiday in a country that has time off for Christmas.

It’s just necessary to plan ahead.

Now I know that the new kingdom was postponed but they could surely at least have given us proper information and maybe a more desirable troop like one of the loopers that aren’t shiny yet. Can’t imagine thst it would have been too hard to make them shiny real quick as there are multiple of those already.

This thread went off kilter fast. Pretty sure it will get closed. As for things working like they should… I’d be shocked if that were to ever happen. Gems is perpetually in a broken state. Its disgraceful and downright embarrassing. Better communication, a new game engine, a bit more money invested into the game(dev side), a community manager and more Qol changes would make this game golden.

1 Like

Eh. Gives me a chance to very cheaply ascend a troop. And honestly theyve been putting out too many useless troops anyway.

Yeah, but there are kingdoms that need just one more troop to go up a level or example.

1 Like