Is Underspire supposed to just... end?

Steam/Android.

After 132 rooms, I still have torches left [including two given from my very last battle, a Treasure Guardian], but there’s zero battles left for me to do. Every dead end has been searched and completed, no more paths exist for me to explore.

Is Underspire supposed to have a hard end like this? I can’t do anything with the torches I earned in the final battle I did, either… Kinda crappy that it gave me torches that I can’t use and won’t carry over to next week instead of something I could actually use.

1 Like

Judging by your screenshot, yes this is normal. You technically do have 12 remaining battles available if you want them, but they are just dead-ends with no special rewards.

For better or worse, the answer is yes. After all, people have only 7 days to complete the entire map before it resets. The alternate extra long dead end feels really bad.

Suck you got 2 torches as your last battle, but at least you’re able to see all that needs to be seen.

Yes, it’s intended that there’s a limited number of rooms. The alternative would be much worse.

6 Likes

Well, torches and lanterns carry over to next week. So at least you save a few gems buying more.

Torches do not carry over. Only lanterns and trinkets do.

5 Likes

The game gives each player seven torches a day. If you don’t sign in for a day more, they may accumulate for the week (or month or year.) Without a hard cap. torches persisting would mount up very quickly. Cutting into profits.

At least, the things you would spend cash on, are now persisting. When the mode was released, the only thing which persisted was knowing, at weekly reset, it would start all over.

Can anyone who completes their Underspire map confirm that is about the normal amount of battles needed each week?

Yep. I had 135 with some left bit fought because they were just normal dead ends.

I used a lantern on one of the new treasure chest rooms and it literally gave me 1 vault key, so does this mean that we have yet another currency in the game called 1/2 vault keys? I gave the devs a few dollars buying a couple lantern packages just to see if there was any of the new cards in the new chests, and nope 10 chests found and zero cards and apparently 1/2 of a vault key?

1 Like

the lanterns double battle rewards. The chest is opened well after the battle. Therefore the rewards in the chest will not be doubled.

6 Likes