Is this for real? (Answer: not for long)

I agree that ragequitting at this point is a bit overdramtic and silly. However, one of the largest complaints/concerns centers around the core of the new PVP system not a bug. It isn’t satisfying to play a game if you feel that you aren’t making progress after putting in reasonable effort.

In this case, customers do have the expectation that the same amount of time and effort that they put in pre-2.0 should reap them the same rewards post-2.0. That’s a reasonable expectation. However, that can’t happen with the current mechanic. They really should not be deducting PVP points for defense losses.

5 Likes

I don’t want to imply that the current system has no problems other than bugs. I do agree that most of the complaints about the PVP system do reflect a core issue with in the system that needs to be addressed. I just feel that we need to give the devs some time to at address it is all.

I totally agree. They do need time to sort through all the feedback they are getting.

My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps. But these are professional I.T. people whose livelihood is based on writing computer programs. The expectation of the end-user is that the program works. Minor bugs are nearly impossible to avoid, but this seems like a major oversight.

Many people have paid money for this game and expect close to the same product they originally paid for.

It’s almost as if you have never played any video game ever…

According to @Sirrian a number of the bugs were caused by issues of scale, which is bane of most online game developers. Sometimes things are fine in internal testing, but only when you get tens of thousands of people playing it at once do the cracks begin to show.

Okay, I can accept that.

I am a little frustrated, and am waffling between an all-out rant and a reasoned plea.

I have put a fair bit of money into this game. I’m VIP 5, which is anyway over $150. That is way more than you would spend for any console game or PC game. And those games work the same way after a year of playing as they did when you initially purchased them. The problem with them is that they do end.

One of the interesting parts of an online game like GoW is its dynamic nature. But that can also be a point of frustration. The game I bought originally is not the game I am playing now. I’m not peachy-keen on all of the changes (and I’ve been a grumbler after every major update), but try to come to terms with them because I have a lot of time and money invested.

I want to like this game, because GoW hits my fun-buttons on so many levels. This update feels like a whole new game that, had I started today, I probably would not have continued with. It is very confusing to me, and I’ve been playing it for two years. I can’t imagine what this would look like to a new player. How would anyone ever get hooked?

This would be true for a triple a gaming franchise. However we are talking about a small team of developers who are trying to meet the deadline’s that are basicly enforced upon them by their fanbase. [quote=“Ozball, post:26, topic:7392”]
According to @Sirrian a number of the bugs were caused by issues of scale,
[/quote]

We all should have known this would happen, the evidence was there. This what some game companies call a botched launch. If we crash servers on monday reset why would we not expect errors of scale like this now? We do not know if they can afford the servers they are running or if they can get more. They afterall do have three games to 6 games running and 4 of them are on their servers.[quote=“IronyMan, post:27, topic:7392”]
(and I’ve been a grumbler after every major update)
[/quote]

I have favoured and liked every update till now. I am free to play. I like their thesis, though buggy at the start it might be. They made acceptable changes at least from my point of view but i am angered by the fact that the days leading upto it were in hindsight poor.

I hope you are joking. All users expect the program they’re using to “work.” Most don’t give a whit about the development team trials, tribulations, and floral arrangements in their cubicles.

I don’t disagree that the team is small, that’s for sure. I give them leeway to fix things because I like the product they’re making. But to be frank, you cannot fault a user for being frustrated when a game they were enjoying, and putting money into, stops working (even temporarily).

1 Like

This is an excellent point. It is just a little of history repeating itself that is irritating. This happens every 3 months and even sometimes more frequent than that. I believe that the team working on it is no bigger than 20 people tops split into 3 or 4 groups. Knowing that a triple A game has teams in the 100s or so and ,even more so for a 2 hour long movie, It was to be expected (by me at least) that this would occur. Still though even though there are problems i still love this game even though the update was a firey mess. It gives the game as much character as @sirrian and i like that.