Is there anyone that wants to take over and be the GM of a casual guild?

Hey, we are The Exalted Few. We are a Casual Guild doing all regular tasks and many of the Epic tasks during the week. Our goal is that every member uses all their free Siglis for guild events, Guild Wars and reaching 40k Seals weekly.

Someone that also is used to sit on Global and likes or used to recruting?

Your role will require to be active playing Gems of War as well as taking care of a Guild so it doesn’t met downfall soon.

We currently have 29/30 members and nowadays we have given the chances to low levels players as we try to to survive. However you should be fast on your pedal kicking out lower level players that doesn’t contribute much to the guild.

All we ask for is someone with a reputation within the game that has some words for them and that we can trust on.

If a GM cannot offer what already has been offered by me, there is no need to change GM.

We may be open for Guild Families. But we need someone to take over as GM.

I airing everything with this thread. I need to talk with the former GM as well before we know anything for certain.

1 Like

You don’t have anyone to promote from within the guild? Someone invested?

2 Likes

Another opportunity to merge guilds?

1 Like

Well they are 29/30. So merging sounds a bit odd?

No, everyone is out of juice, the former Guild Leader and now me. Most people over here only wants to play, and that is it. I do not have the time anymore to stay in the global chat to recruit and so on, it is basically wasted hours. The automatic recruiting system doesn’t work as it used to, we have to look for very low levels players here to get something in, but most are quitting the game fairly early. The recruiting at the forum is nothing but disheartening. I just want to go back being a regular player, but most importantly that the guild can be in someones hands that can prolong it’s lifespan so we do not hit downfall as many guilds does nowadays.

Thanks for the question, not at this time.

Hmmm. I’m not sure what this means, really. I can say that my guild does not actively recruit in global or anywhere else, really. It’s been 4 years and 153 days since the last time anyone in the guild actively asked anyone to join up. We are a similar guild type. I’d call us active/casual. We have modest requirements and we expect at least some event (GW too) participation, but we don’t expect people to make a job of it. When I kick people for not participating, their spots just fill up. We are currently 30/30.

So I guess I’m saying the automatic recruitment system does work for some.

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like we have differently experiences with it. I am glad your guild is doing good, of what it sounds like. What is your requirements?

All events req participation except journey
LEVEL 500 min

I’ve had great luck with those reqs. Virtually everyone does a lot more. So I think it’s more psychological?haha

Right now we have a solid 20 very active members and 6 or 7 more casual but still participating. 3 or 4 too new to say. Also, almost everyone is over L 1000.

1 Like

That someting, our gold req is the double. :slight_smile:

Most of our people do gold in the millions every week. I don’t even care if thee lower level people donate any gold. They should be working on kingdom levels and hoard levels.

On the other hand if the req is set too low, people probably think the guild is not serious. I find 250k works well for us.

I guess if you don’t have people who can dump a ton of gold every week, then you’d maybe have to set your minimum higher.

Thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

I am in talk with the rest of the crew now to reduce our Gold requirement, just to see if our recruitment will be easier. Worth a try I think.

Also I have a strong feeling that we will still be able to max all regular Guild tasks, so we won’t be missing out on much, either way.

My pleasure.

One last thing, a better explanation for why I try to keep gold req low…

If you want active players on the newer side to the game, (Let’s face it, those are folks we all want. Not a bunch of people already sick of things. haha) high gold restrictions are going to be scarier for those people. Scarier than high seals or trophies. Because they are still loving the game, they want to play and earn seals and trophies. However, they are still stuck in the earlier part of the game with a lot gold sinks and maybe (probably!) they don’t have the power to earn a lot of gold, quickly.

So… you pick up a few newer people who are excited about playing, have tons of questions etc… this energizes your established players. Those energized, established players can (in our case, anyway) handle the heavy lifting on gold.

That is the formula that works for us. BUT, depending on your individual guildmates, it may not work for you. :woman_shrugging: Worth a try, as you said! I hope it works for you, or that you find something that DOES! Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated! What do you have on Guild Play Style? And how does that thing work when new players looking for guilds? Is it a search criteria for them?

Our play style is set dead center / balanced.

When a player without a guild opens the guild menu they will get the option to join a guild or start a guild. If they choose join they will see…

Top image is a left-right slider of about 20 different guild tiles to choose from. At the top left of the page, they can click/tap on the up/down arrow to bring up a seach function (middle image) if they want to look for something specific.

Finally when they click on any of the guild tiles they will see more detailed info about that guild (bottom image) and see an option to join.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! So when a player first enter the ‘join a guild menu’ there will only be shown guilds with the very balanced - guild play style automatically, unless they decide to change it in the search critieria? And if they go out to the map and inside the same menu, they will have to use the search criteria again, as it doesn’t save what they searched for in the past?

No, no. It’s pretty random. It was dumb luck that I took a screen shot when the first 3 were all the same playstyle. I didn’t notice it until I had made the whole graphic, or I would have used a different image. :woman_facepalming:

That first screen, with the 20+ guilds to scroll through, will be a mix of play styles and minimum levels. Also some will be mostly full, some mostly empty. It’s a very random sample. The only thing that feels specific is that it only shows guilds that you meet level reqs for.

That’s correct. Any filtering they do will reset if they go back to the map. So they would need to put their parameters in again when they return.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I think they should really had shown the Requirements of each guild without having to click into the Guild that wake interest.

1 Like