Is there any way to check server status?

So I don’t want to be that impatient guy who just HAS to be one of the first to log in when there’s an exciting update…but I’m that guy. I explored the site a bit, and haven’t been able to find a place where I can check server status without having to actually load the game up. It would be nice not just for impatient people like me, but also for troubleshooting in general for those with internet connection issues. There have been times when I get booted from Gems for a “server error” and it’s been difficult to tell if it’s been a router hiccup or the servers are just unstable at this time. It’s not life-or-death, but it’s a pretty standard practice in online gaming and I’m sure other people would appreciate this as well. Thoughts? Feelings?

Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

edit: Not mocking, I’m not so patiently waiting too!

If you ask “Are we there yet?” one more time, so help me God I am turning this update right around and going straight back to 1.0.5!

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Don’t do it!

Like I said though, this feature wouldn’t just be for the impatient, it would also be for troubleshooting…at least that’s the official story hehe

Back to 1.0.8. might not be such as bad thing, only time will tell.

I’m usually a pretty big update naysayer, but I don’t think I’ve run into a Gems update yet that has made me even come close to consider quitting. That’s saying something.

2 Likes

We will put an update in this thread when servers go live.

3 Likes

Thanks Nimhain!

Another things that would be handy is a “Dev Post” filter. A forum that is auto-populated with links to any post/reply made by an official GoW person.

2 Likes

Just got in - server maintenance appears to be done!