Is Pharos Ra in the event chest?

Ok it cost 50% more gems buying event chests compare to gem chests but the chance to find a mythic is the same for both no? On exclusive mythic week I mean

While chasing Myths with all your resources (including gems and glory) is not very productive (you are only converting it to semi useless souls), dropping 50-200 extra event keys every now and then is fine. When you have every legendary in the game (and you will get them all from glory and gem keys in 4-6 months I believe) and the new ones are only released once a month, you will have these extra event keys you can’t use anywhere else. Unless you experience a really bad luck that blows all of them.

New Mythics are only exclusive to glory, gem, guild and VIP chests.
They will never drop from event keys.
You can only use them to pull Mythics from the current event kingdom, say, Pharos during Khetar week, Gard’s Avatar during Whitehelm and so on.

Considering drop rates, yes, they are the same. 1 Myth in 1041 gem keys and 1 Myth in 1041 event keys.

Just updated mine to include it all in caps as well

1 Like

Getting event exclusive legendary can cost 100s of event keys, so that’s what I save them for. I’ve only about 400 event keys, but 4k gem keys and 35k gems. Diamonds are for missing mythics.

I tried to submit a ticket on this like some of the others to have my number of keys checked. I know it was a technical mistake, but companies that are shady with their gambling odds may have regulators coming for them. I would hope that this company rectifies this error with its customers by checking the logs because many guilds were encouraging people to save their currency to use for event keys this week.

Check out Yong Yea’s video on South Korea fining Nexon this week as well as the Star Wars battle front 2 issues leading to investigations in Hawaii and the EU. Thank you for trying to keep gaming free of regulation, game dev.

Did you get a reply from your ticket?

Did you sent it as a Missing rewards for the topic?

Well, since we are talking around “right things to do”, allow me jump in and shout scam.

You have been selling gashas that didn’t contain the grand prize. I think we can agree that the grand prize in this case, Pharos Ra, is probably the most sought after item within GoW. Players will have been spending real money specifically on the hopes of obtaining Pharos Ra this way. And they have no way of knowing they had no chance at all, they’ll have chalked it up to bad luck, trusting you to run your business properly.

Now, you’ve got a full list of customers that were cheated out of their possible winnings by your error. It would be easy to reach out to them, e.g. by in-game mail, making them aware you still owe them compensation. Instead, you claim you’ll only compensate the very small minority that reads this forum, at best 1% of the player base, once they individually contact your support about it. No automated process, because

Please correct me if I’m wrong, doesn’t this kind of handling breach laws in quite a few countries GoW is available in? At the very least, it feels like an excellent approach to thoroughly destroy your credibility. I don’t think I’ve been hit by the gasha issue, so I don’t have any direct stakes in this. But I’m sure beginning to wonder which other relevant information you’ve been intentionally withholding from me, at my cost and your benefit.

5 Likes

Well they did compensate everyone with five whole keys… they’re being very generous…

Considering that they didn’t have to do that, I would agree. That was very generous and I thank the devs for the free keys!

4 Likes

Good grief. They are giving compensation and doing the right thing. I have to say this is making Console players seem like hardened mountain men (and women). We have been dealing with this ‘not in the chest’ issue for YEARS, multiple times, with zero compensation.

My hope is they get this issue properly identified and straitened out for real, so it stops occurring.

2 Likes

5 keys is barely compensation for a LONG KNOWN ISSUE that they refuse( more likely unable) to fix. Do you know how many THOUSANDS of keys people use trying to RA? without argument the BEST soul farming card…

What else would you have someone do when they only lack a handful of mythics? VIP keys? During non-exclusive periods, the chance of getting one particular mythic from 100 VIP keys is about 4.08%. The chance of getting the event-specific mythic from 50 event keys is about 4.69%. If you lack only one or two mythics, you’re far better off literally spending your gems on event keys than VIP keys (assuming the event ever comes to the necessary kingdom). And certainly chasing mythics with event keys makes a lot of sense once you have a solid majority of the available mythics. I have several hundred event keys right now, along with about 35k in glory, and I intend to double that amount by the time the event moves to Whitehelm in order to make a run at Gard’s Avatar. A total of 1000 event chest pulls gets me a better-than-even chance of acquiring him. Meanwhile, I’ll use diamonds to buy another mythic that isn’t on the event schedule anytime soon.

2 Likes

No I don’t, but the developers do… And they are the ones giving compensation, not me.

I read my post again, and can’t find my reference to Pharos-Ra being total garbage at Soul Farming.

Are you ok?

3 Likes

It was just referencing that this is one card people will spend their hoarded keys on.

Personally, I think a better investment is to spend gems on dungeon packs to get diamonds and craft the mythic If you’re waiting on a specific one.

I accept this is also a gamble as you don’t know when the mythic will turn up or if you will have the required crating resources to do so when it does.

But compared to spending event keys or gems on event keys to do so for a chance of getting it sits less well with me.

YOU GET FREE KEYS… It’s not so much that people are buying then, as opposed to earning them and stockpiling.

Granted. I would prefer to save those free keys to chase future legendaries and use diamonds to craft specific mythics.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Where did we say that we weren’t compensating for this issue, and that we didn’t fix it? As mentioned, if you contact support requesting your keys to be refunded for the Pharos issue and we found that you spent keys during the issue we refunded you. I can saw your ticket was submitted yesterday, we should be getting to it soon.

@Fourdottwoone I appreciate your concern, and I agree, this is not the best resolution. However, is it the right thing to do given the situation and what we can do to act on it, then yes. Moving forward, perhaps we can improve this process of compensation.

When Undine was released… His drop rate was much higher than it was supposed to be. I agree with most of your points. But in the world of GoW… For every bug that taketh… There’s bugs that giveth.
I’ve been playing for a year and half now and despite at least 3 well known exploits… During that time I’ve never heard of anyone having their accounts rolled back to take rewards from exploits back.
Now the only thing I’d like to see a change is… The devs feel like they have to be able to see proof of an error before compensation is made. I believe if you know you’ve fd up… you make it right with anyone claiming you did them wrong. Not up to them to prove that you did. If anything it’s on the devs to prove that they didn’t mess it up for you. Yeah they would have to compensate BS claims… But like you said, there’s thousands of players that don’t read the forums that no earthly idea that they were :nut_and_bolt:d over. So it’ll balance out eventually.

2 Likes