Is Mimic battles even working?

Been grinding level 12 explorer for the last couple of days for hours and hours and NOT a SINGLE Mimic battle showed up!
Anyone having the same issue?
Playing on PS5.

On Xbox, I am getting 1 mimic about every 10-20 boss chests and 1 horde mimic every 200-300 boss chests.

Percentage wise, I believe that overall its about a 10% chance to encounter mimic and less than 1% chance to encounter a horde mimic. I’ve been grinding out E12 for over a year now and I don’t have a lot of time each day to play, so after completing the daily/guild stuff, I normally do about 5-15 E12 runs. My stats from the last year+ are:

2785 boss chests
315 mimic chests (11.35% spawn rate based on # of boss chests)
13 horde mimic chests (0.47% spawn rate based on # of boss chests, 4.13% based on mimic chests)
0 horde mimic troops earned as a reward

I hate the 3 levels of RNG that make up trying to get the Mythic Horde Mimic troop. A year+ of grinding and nothing. All I want is the achievement as the troop is useless and currently blocks kingdom progression for me on Dragon’s Claw.

This should never have been a Kingdom troop and should have been a Vault troop. Getting it is pure luck and there are members of my guild who have 4+ of them and have only done a 1/4 of the E12 runs I have. This pure luck/RNG based stuff is what makes me start to hate games and eventually drop them.

2 Likes

I’m also after the trophy/achievement.
0 Horde mimic troops as reward also.
Stuck in Dragon’s Claw Kingdom progression too.
Already stop buying stuff with real money. Unfortunately the community just complains and take no action with their wallets (they keep buying stuff).

Blockquote
This pure luck/RNG based stuff is what makes me start to hate games and eventually drop them.

My feelings toward the game went from: cool game > loving the game> it’s alright > they destroying the game > greedy b > frustration > infuriating.

The problem is: they don’t give a damn to the community, most request fall in deaf ears.

4 Likes

It’s interesting that you stopped spending when the hoard mimic came around. I also did the same thing. As soon as i realised there was always going to be something unowned troopwise, i quit buying the passes…

2 Likes