Is it time to change growth orbs to something else?

Spending a lot of time and gems in events to get an orb or major orb of growth,is an extremely poor reward for the amount of effort put in to get the orb/major of chaos…The equivalent,is a single battle in explore and under 30 minutes of exploring for the same as a major orb(much quicker if you have a few Ra’s)…If there is no alternative,just remove them from the game altogether,as they are of no use to anyone.

17 Likes

For Low Levels it saves a lot of souls, but - yes for High Levels it is the green pain in the…!

Maybe one day in the soulforge… my last hope!

5 Likes

You’re underrating it a bit… You should have wrote: The green is a very BIG pain in the you know where…. :rofl::joy::rofl:

But I’m hoping with you…:pray:

2 Likes

I would take any of the others as a minor orb than one major growth orb. So a massive +1 from me on this.

7 Likes

Even low level players detest them(we have 4 in our guild)…The quicker they either change them or get rid of them the better…I finished on the event leaderboard and surprise surprise…You know what i got :clap::clap::clap:

I can understand end gamers hating on growth orbs but for ppl like me they are a godsend at times. Plus people a hell of a lot lower than me would be happy to see them aswell.

I dont like them…but…they do allow lower level people to save souls to hoard toward dawnbringer.

2 Likes

Just let us break them in the forge and get diamonds or something.

5 Likes

That is a very good idea, I second that :+1::+1::+1:

But I fear that won’t pass the dream stage….:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But what if you have no more new troops to unlock with diamonds. I’d rather spend diamonds to convert them as they are difficult and generally limited to get outside of cash shops.

So, as of now, the last 4 Orbs I’ve scored were growth.

There are basic gaming mechanics to include for a game to be successful (fun, avoid frustration, playability, progression, etc…)

One of them is worthy rewards. The players must feel like, when a goal is achieved, they get a reward. If they get a rock, they won’t be motivated to try again.

So the current double whammy is bad atm:
The quality/need of the Orbs are in reverse proportion to the drop rate.

We have a forge.
Everything in the game should be craftable AND salvageable. Just make the salvage give 25% of the material needed to craft and the economy will work.

3 Likes

hellyeah, i feel so ripped off when spending hundreds of gems for eventsigils and then red turns to green,maybe even at last reward tier…no matter what playerlevel nothing gets useles as fast as souls,i remember when i thought xathenos was a grind,now after forging dawnbringer i piled up 1.5 million again…useless to me as well for crafting zuul goth, coz orbs of wisdom and ascension are way too helpful to upgrade kindoms powerlevel in my opinion
also there should be some use for our thousands of traitsones,treasuremaps and petfoods…growthorbs should be convertable into different orbs

1 Like

They’re not needed at all. With the great addition of soul gnomes, growth orbs are utterly useless.

2 Likes

That is a very good point Cracka…:+1:

I agree. This is not only a disappointment, it’s practically insulting. To work so hard and build up the excitement around, only to be let down so hard, it’s insulting. Getting these green orbs single handedly takes so much away from the game. I would rather not get anything at all than get these.

To those who have commented that these are useful in early game / to new players, well, that’s just not true. If you’re having trouble getting souls to the point like you feel like these are valuable, then it’s simply a matter of not understanding the game well enough yet to take advantage of the alternate activities to get souls.

If you are just starting the game and souls are your focus, then here is the approach.

1. Concentrate on all activities that give Gems until you get 500 gems
  2. BUY THE CELESTIA ARMOR!! - this armour doubles the amount of souls you get while wearing it
  3. focus on arena. The minimum reward for this is typically 1200. But with the Celestial Armor This is DOUBLED to 2400. Also, if you do it on a higher difficulty level, that means even more to be doubled.

This is so much faster than waiting on an Growth orb. Depending on difficulty level and completion level, this is easily between 5000 and and 10,000 souls an hour, if you have the armour.

Point aside, please do something about this growth orb. It hurts the game and the experience far more than it helps.

references:

3 Likes

Why do we still have these worthless orbs? We don’t need them. It’s a disappointing Tuesday going thru a delve spending any amount of time to get a freakin’ orb of stupid growth.

2 Likes

Hi all. I mean, are we seriously expecting every resource reward we earn in this game to be of value to each and every one of us?

First treasure maps, then growth orbs, then ingots, then wisdom orbs….etc. All GoW resources are of value until a certain point of the game (well, perhaps treasure maps aside) at which point we simply….ignore them and let them amass in our inventory.

Just consider each resource we no longer need as a step of progress in this marathon of a game.

2 Likes

I can relate to the fact that for a new player, this orb can be a life saver, specially if you don’t have many means to gather souls. For an advanced player, it will fall into the category of “Resources I can only use properly if they create something really new”.
I have enough of the major orbs to level up to 20 any new troop after fully ascending it and enough minor orbs to create more majors. All this to save souls for raising the elite levels of troops.
This is something that Devs keep ignoring for ages. The ability to modify some resource that it’s sitting there gathering dust. I wouldn’t bother if the exchange rate would be a little high, just like converting traistone. At least it would be our choice on how to spend our resources. The same can be said about treasure maps, warbands and even cursed gems.

Yeah, sure, these orbs are useful (ish) in the early game and ignoreable at later stages, but I really agree with @Venar that everything in the game should be craftable and salvageable. Nobody would complain if they got a green orb, if they could break it down for a small amount of something they’d actually use, even if the exchange rate was terrible (like a lot of stuff in the soulforge), because at least they’d get more use out of it than a green orb.
Just let us trade them in for some other resource.

1 Like

I agree. When you put the work in and the orbs reveal a sea of green with an orange or 2 thrown in. Absolute drivel :sob:

1 Like