Is it possible to dump the update & revert back to what we had?

Love this update, dont ever roll it back or i quit .

Above all you are hypothesizing that there are really 30K other players above you.

5 Likes

yeah, the game are sure carry a lot of happy players with their 40k+ steady active players every week, that never appear to have life interfere whatsoever. i can’t even compete with them. putting 2 hours daily only put me at more that 30k usually. the competition is real in this game.

i have a strong belief that those are fabricated. based on some suspicious circumstances.

2 Likes

I completely accept that possibility. But you completely validate my main sticking point which is that people have the tenancy to observe a non-representative tiny sample size that matches their opinion and then make claims about what all, most, majority or even none of the population at large feels as well. There’s no way anyone can accurately make those claims so they should stick to stating their opinions/feelings/suggestions and not sensationalized them by trying to present them as everyone else agrees. The devs can count the number of complaints or praises themselves, no one has to inaccurately sum that up for them to lobby their cause.

When people don’t like to do something they tend to stop doing it in favor of things they do like to do. Simple human nature. There are thousands of other games and forms of entertainment available, why waste your time doing something you don’t enjoy?

You’ll note I said 30k people who are “happy enough” to continue making a significant time investment into the game, not 30k who are happy period. I’m sure SOME people (see what I did there?) don’t like all the changes but it didn’t ruin the rest of the game for them so they keep playing.

I noticed that if you lose a 3 trophy battle you now lose 7 points instead of 3. Was that tweaked with the 3.1 update? Was this another deal of being unhanded or nah?

I am not discussing how happy the players are. I am saying that I don’t believe at all in these 30K people. So the only reliable data we have are Steam figures. There has been a peak with the release of the 3.1 update. But it will be interesting to see how the stats will be evolving next month.

On a side note, all the guilds I am in touch with have been losing long term valued members these last months and are losing more and more. It is quite offensive for all of us to pretend that people quitting are just a few cheaters getting banned. You only have to read all the recruitment threads on this forum to see that it is not the case at all.

8 Likes

You have all kinds of people…

• Those that ‘just play’ unaware of changes, forums, discussions, etc.
  • Those happy with the changes.
  • Those that just leave when things go in the wrong direction.
  • Those that lurk the forums.
  • Those that actively participate on the forums.

This forum has a lot of known and long time playing players. The kind that participates in the highs and the lows on these forums. Not saying they did, but if that group did speak their mind regarding ‘recent stuff’, I would never disregard their opinion with a lousy ‘oh they are just 150 out of 40k’…

Numbers don’t count, arguments do.

2 Likes

I have been busy so only did a little over 300t this past week. Rankings showed over 37000 players did more and people that believe that is a correct number also believe the warren commission report.

2 Likes

QFT. There has always been some churn especially at the higher end, but since 3.1 dropped there has been noticeably more. Plenty of players are “talking with their feet”, and plenty more are playing less than before and/or staying out of loyalty to their guilds while biding their time and hoping things get better/more fun again.

I’m not currently happy. I’m pretty neutral, to be honest, but until I decide that I am un-happy, I will continue to play and help my guild. I’m part of an incredible community 90+ people strong and the social connections help soothe some of the rage the game has started inducing, but that doesn’t magically make it more fun to play.

I’m not claiming to be a majority, but I’m not a lone wolf, either. Within my community alone people have been very outspoken about the negative changes to gameplay that have come over the last few months, but only a tiny percentage of these people post on the forums.

I’ll reiterate a previous point: More than half of the original guild task gem nerf was rescinded. Unless the publisher had planned all along to nerf gems to the ground and then give some back to try and mollify the rage they knew would be directed their way, the other alternative is that they saw a significant enough business impact where something needed to be done as a show of good faith, to try to entice customers back to the game (and to the shop) and to stem the tide of negative feedback and negative reviews. Given that I’ve seen the Steam reviews for the game drop more since 3.1 than during the entire time I’ve been playing, the latter is a viable consideration.

3 Likes

I hate the Guild update which has put me off completely. I am less pleased with the game than before so thank you makers :blush:

This is a sad evolution in every game. I want to play GoW the rest if my life but the reality is that won’t happen for 1 reason or another. Established players will always give way to fresh ones. Sure there will be some who hang on for what seems to be an eternity. So be it that 3.1 pushed more out faster than normal. Not saying it’s right or good but it’s going to happen.

I never suggested everyone quitting were cheaters being banned. I responded to another thread that the very specific instance of someone seeing “tons of people leaving over a new cheat program” that perhaps the attrition they were observing was due to the cheaters were getting caught & banned. People wouldn’t even know that someone beat them in PvP by cheating so how could they quit because of the cheaters?
Completely different topic & out of context here.

Incorrect. When it comes to the financials of a for-profit game, numbers count. Argue all you want but at the end of the day numbers are all that keep GoW alive. # of $s coming in, # of $s going out, # of people playing, retention #s, growth #s, etc. The forums & social media could disappear and as long as people play & the money coming in is worth keeping the game going, it’ll be here. If not, well let’s not dwell on that. The community certainly serves to enhance, maintain and if unhappy harm some or all of those numbers.

This is great! I’m actually thrilled that the community is listened to in these instances and that the publishers realized their actions were going to harm the game in the short run. But let’s be honest, those most seriously up at arms about losing gems are the long established players who have had something taken away from them. No one likes having things taken away. It’s like getting a Christmas bonus every year but then one year you don’t get it and you’re really upset because you expected it & planned on it. Been there done that - it sucks!

But new players that join tomorrow never saw all those gems so they’ll be happy with whatever the new payouts are because they don’t know any better. I’ll bet a large number of players today never even experienced the days when guild task rewards were nearly limitless. That was just as unpopular of a change as the current gem ‘nerf’. But here we are still playing (or not if you left the game because of it). We got a pile of the gems back but we’ll never see the rest of them. The whole incident will be nearly forgotten & accepted in 3 months. Evolution in action…

To my original point, I applaud your ability to state things without generalizing & sensationalizing them and claiming you know how everyone else feels or can extrapolate their feelings based on a tiny sample.

Just please forget about the whole crafting nonsense and give us back the former legendary tasks. I have been playing for almost a year now. I have never felt compelled to spend any money (though I did out of sheer appreciation), but the whole thing screams “throw some money at me” now. Please bury this whole mess and give us what we used to have.

2 Likes

I think this is one reason so many players are so vocally upset, and why the game’s ratings are dropping like a rock on Steam.

The “uncapped guild task nerf” predated me, so I wouldn’t have had the chance to get upset about that, though it was really frustrating starting the game alongside people with enormous piles of resources saved up who could buy whatever they wanted. However, even when that got nerfed, they still left LTs, so guilds still had a way, with enough player contribution, to maintain a small but steady trickle of gems.

Now there has been a definitive line in the sand drawn. It says “either enjoy the small allowance, pay/pay MORE, or leave”. The publisher is in essence willingly “firing” an entire generation of players and gambling on fresh blood not hearing any word of mouth/reading any reviews/etc and willingly paying a lot more money, a lot more often.

I get that businesses exist to make money but I would posit that people in general don’t like to know that they are thought of as expendable (especially VIPs, since they already willingly paid their hard-earned money) and that is one factor in the backlash.

5 Likes

This sounds like a lot of hyperbole to me. You’re still getting hundreds upon hundreds of gems every week, for free. Plus tons of keys. Plus free stuff of all kinds via crafting. It’s not like they turned off the faucet entirely. They basically took away uncapped gems and instead gave you a guarantee of a mythic every 2-3 months.

1 Like

Different people are upset by different things in the update.

I think the ones who are really furious about the gems nerf are those who spent quite a bit of $$$ (I think it takes $130 or so) to attain VIP level 5 so that they could access VIP chests… only now they’re severely limited in the # of VIP chests they can open each week (at 50 gems/chest).

They have a point, but I’m not VIP 5 so that’s not my major concern with the update.

The big issue for me is the new AI and the streaky RNG… these changes make playing less fun, since the result often feels preordained.

NOTE: While many agree with me, let me stipulate here that this is a subjective standard and there are certainly many who might disagree. However, I will also state that in my guild this view is unanimous among members who have voiced an opinion on the issue.

2 Likes

I agree. It was completely different. The first guild system allowed the top guilds to get unlimited ressouces each week, increasing the gap with the other guilds each week.
Back then the devs were communicating. It has been well explained and it was making sense. So although it felt like we had become “poorer”, once the LTs have been introduced and we have had something to do with our gold, it was acceptable, if not satisfying.

In the present case, everyone is impacted by the change in a negative way, the little guilds as well as the big and the top ones. And, in spite of what we are being told, it is obvious that what motivates the change is to incite players to spend money. That is much more difficult to accept.

Yes, that is exactly what seems to be happening.

3 Likes

I see what you did there - nice! More imperical too! I appreciate it :wink: I have fulfilled my purpose and shall be on my way now…

I would agree these are at the heart of it, as much as we don’t want it to be and don’t like it. As a business owner myself I understand it. Entertainment is always about how much will people pay for it and can you make people part with their money & still feel like the got their money’s worth. It’s why movie and restaurant reviews can be so scathing when someone doesn’t get their perceived value. We’re seeing that here now as well.

2 Likes

I understand there may be some happy people with the update, but me and most of my guild+other knowns are pretty upset after Unity in PC and then mobile.

As of Steam I spent over 1k hours, plus 400+ on my mobile and I was enjoying the game. Not anymore. And it’s not that the game gets “old” (that process when you play something that gets you bored), as there are new things and some small content every week. The issue is the gameplay. It’s artificial. You may “control” the board and then a single 3-match fully charges the AI due to very stinky cascades. Like it’s scripted.

You naturally will win. Will win much more than you lose, but still is not satisfiying. Before Unity I almost don’t remember situations when I had one single choice in the table. Now that repeats quite often. And that only choice leads to a Psion skull or a 4 match to the AI. As someone said, I would like a competitive AI. But this is just scripted.

This is specially frustrating in GW. Some people states the AI is not superclever there, but it’s the same, if not worse. Just completely random. Me and my GF play in the same guild. We have the same color teams. We play the wars together and have very different scores. Why? Because sometimes you just lose regardless of your team or your movements.

That is the issue of the game. Me and my GF were willing to pay and buy something for the devs, but not anymore. And after couple months, I posted a negative review on steam. Not that the game is bad, but what the game was and what is now.

At last, the Gem change, while subtle, affects way to much, specially with the LT’s. They’re nearly useless and it’s proven that is more beneficial to spend 1M in gold chests than them. Yes, you will “help” your guild with, maybe, 100glory and 1 event key. Big deal.

Special mention to the menus. I’ve never seen, in any game, a interface that gets worse and less functional. If anyone doesn’t agree with this, is just blind.

I’ll be around, making the events and ocasionally playing, but it’s sad to see the direction of the game.

Sry about possible grammar mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.

5 Likes

While the “gold chests > LTs” is a nice talking point worthy of Fox News kinds of spin, it’s been pretty thoroughly debunked:

One of the biggest pissers for me is the event keys. Not only have they gone from glory purchases, there’s hardly any in the guild tasks now and then you get non event troops with 10-20% of them and to cap it all off need to open a couple of hundred to try and get the event legendary. It’s ridiculous.
And I’ve spent a lot of money on this game, I’m vip 6 and 5 for these Mrs, that’s English pounds and I would hate to add that up. I did this because I used to love the game and really liked the devs and wanted to give them something back for this wonderful free game. Then they stopped engaging with the community, put a forum mod in to respond to everything to save them time, (I appreciate they’re very busy and are a small team), and from then on the game is going tits up. Never have I felt so under valued as a paying customer.
Its no fun, it’s brutal cascade after brutal cascade, there’s very little strategy and after a year, justice got fixed! Yay. Pc start complaining and things get looked into, yet console players are belittled and pretty much ignored. ‘is justice’ ‘s third trait the problem’ was a response, seriously. So forgive my moaning but after investing a significant amount of money into this I feel like I’ve been totally sold down the river.
Oh, yes I forgot.
Infernus… 2100 glory chests, 250 gem, 5500 seals and 250 vip.
Euryali… 2500 glory chests, 600 gem, 7500 seals, 100 vip. NO EURYALI !!
Frigging game.

2 Likes