Is it Christmas in July?

So I’m offered a missing hero again, Yes I keep being offered the same pitiful hero over and over as my missing hero. Slay Bells for goodness sake. One would think it was Christmas. One would think I was being offered a present. One would think I was being offered a hero I might actually use. One might think , well I don’t know, help me to understand what I am meant to think. Yes, In Australia, when its colder and there is some highland snow, we have what we call Christmas in July. Maybe thats the reason I got offered Slay Bells in July. However; 505 would it be too hard to customise what your player might need. Well if you want feedback : here it is : I DO NOT WANT Slay Bells in July. I do not want Christmas in July. I do not want Santa now. St Nic is not required now. Freeze your useless offers , I would rather no offers than trash offers. Offer quality and players will spend gems. Offer nonsense and your forums will get feedback like this.

Your weekly weapon offer is random, based on weapons you are missing. Not connected to any holiday. Just coincidentally the “Christmas” weapon. Pretty lame offer, especially to keep getting it, but nobody pushed a button to offer that to you.

1 Like

Watch Golberg in “Santa’s Slay” and you might change your mind …

Here’s the complaint.

Imagine you’re only missing five weapons, and one of them is really good like Rope Dart. The other one is something lame like Slay Bells.

Now imagine this is the set of offers the game makes:

• Slay Bells
  • Slay Bells
  • Slay Bells
  • Slay Bells
  • Slay Bells
  • Slay Bells

If we talk “pure randomness”, that is a valid sequence. You can roll a d6 6 times and get the same value. But we’d probably expect something more like this:

• Slay Bells
  • Weapon 2
  • Slay Bells
  • Weapon 3
  • Weapon 2

So there was some repetition in this sequence. Big whoop. It feels a heck of a lot more random.

The complaint, poorly articulated, is it would be more profitable to offer “random weapon, without direct repetition”. It doesn’t have to cycle like Soulforge, but getting the same thing over and over again is a frustrating experience even if it’s rare.

This is a recurring problem in GoW: some very rare circumstances are so rare they convince people to quit the game or stop spending money. Almost everything that is “completely random” would be more generous if “random without repeat” or “cycle” were the pattern. But GoW hasn’t been a generous F2P for years. Those days are gone. Most people don’t give a flip about the 1% cases because they aren’t the 1%.

3 Likes