Is Guild Wars now all 2 Weeks?

I think Salty has confirmed it below, every 4 weeks

Where is that dislike button?

No dislike but a vote…

1 Like

So you are saying guild wars will end on a Sunday and start again 28 days later?

Raid, Doom, Invasion, Guild wars = true, each event runs for 7 days over the course of 28 days, but the wait time in terms of days between the end of each event and the new start of that same event, including guild wars, is, and as of 4.1 will always be, only 21 days.

No, it’s every 4 weeks which is 28 days. When you measure a recurrence of an event you go from start to start. For example October occurs every 12 months a year (not 11 based on your logic), and Tuesday occurs every 7 days (not 6 days). By saying gw occurs every 21 days sounds like it will be every 3 weeks. Every other person who has commented on this (and other) threads refers to gw as now being every 4 weeks.

2 Likes

But if you do it that way it sounds like people are counting a full guild wars week as part of the four weeks, and claiming guild wars is now every 28 days, rather than every 21 days.

If you want to make the wait between guild wars sound worse than it is, you can say guild wars is every 28 days… though that 28 days includes 7 full days of guild wars…

I dislike guild wars, so for me the 21 days I will have without guild wars each 28 days will be like a nice vacation…

Where as for the pro guild wars, it sounds like the 21 day wait between each guild wars will be complete and utter torture.

Please make an “Official News”, stickied thread, or else there are going to be 2-3 of these threads per day up to and for 4 weeks after 4.1 releases.

A lot of players rely on the forums for news, and can’t/don’t watch the streams, much like how a lot of players rely on Global Chat and can’t/don’t go to the forums or Reddit/Twitter/Facebook.

This is a significant scheduling change to the oldest competitive mode in the game. For many players, Guild Wars is their favorite mode. They are going to be very upset if they feel like the schedule changed without notice. I love your streams and try to get there when I can, but please don’t assume that’s a sufficient way to get the word out.

I know there is probably some concern about players complaining. Being older has taught me one thing: it’s better to get bad things out of the way as soon as you can. Players are going to complain regardless. If you let them do it now, the majority will have the whining out of their system when 4.1 releases and might be happy to get features like “reorganize teams”. If you wait until patch notes are out, player joy for 4.1 is going to be tainted by the shock that GW was changed “with no notice”.

I know you are judged by the viewership of your stream, but I do not think it’s wise to make it the sole source of important information. It doesn’t trickle into the playerbase very well, and by the time it does it’s been “telephone gamed”. By Sunday, I’d already heard:

• GW is not happening again after 4.1.
  • GW is happening every 2 weeks after 4.1.
  • GW is happening every 4 weeks after 4.1 a few more times, then phasing out.

Etc. None of those are true. But it’s what I heard. And I had no “Official News” post to look at to disprove it. Even when I went to ask in Discord, I got different, confusing answers.

1 Like

Been thinking if they are just going to add more and more weekly events if they would ever let the guild leader pick what event the guild is going to do for the week xD

1 Like

I’m “excited” for the future Guild Maps events. Not only will be it Gem 2 Win. But also, for every map under 50 turns. It’ll take trophies away from the guild you’re in.

1 Like

Same answer different terminology, let’s agree to disagree and move on, happy gemming.

3 Likes

Again, with Guild wars leaderboards as they are, no top guild would choose to do anything but guild wars or they would lose ranks. And players like myself would have to abandon our current guilds to find guilds that are doing the other events, what a mess that would be – both confusing to players, and difficult for a guild leader, because there is no way they could ever keep every member happy…

I’m sorry you feel that way, I’ll reserve judgement until I experience the event for myself.

It’s not a real event. I just made it up in jest.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I thought you were talking about the new Doom Tower event! :wink:

1 Like

While I understand your frustration about the lack of official new, your fixations about Saltypetra’s stream is kinda strange.

There is not once any infos are told exclusively in the steam and never available anywhere else. If there is an important information, someone will write a summary or create a new screenshot post, if the devs didn’t already do that in the first place.

For the new about GW, Saltypetra have already inform players about it, 3 weeks ago.

It’s fine if you miss that and want more clear answer, but assuming only players who watch the stream will know this is kinda wrong.

I feel like changes to the GW schedule are important enough to warrant a stickied thread, not “post #6845 of 7139 in a thread that warns people who don’t want full spoilers to stay out”.

This isn’t a spoiler. It’s a major change to some peoples’ favorite event. I’m not upset for me, I’m upset for the 25+ “I didn’t see this coming” threads that are going to be made and obscure more important information about 4.1 changes. I don’t think “the players will spread this” is a good position to take. It’s not my job to explain the game to other players, but I spend an awful lot of time doing so.

1 Like

People dont watch the streams for a number of reasons.
Timezones, being busy, other reasons which are negative.
I have at least 1 of the above reasons.
I watch it afterwards in the morning… or i attempt to, a lot of stuff I attempt to skip, but then I miss out on potential information that was mentioned during the stuff i’m attempting to miss.

1 Like

I feel like another thing kind of is worth saying:

I can read a full page of text in a minute and retain everything that I read. If it’s a complex task, I can focus and spend 2-3 minutes extra comprehending it. Text can be edited so it doesn’t have spurious or incorrect information.

I’m not sure how many minutes of the stream were devoted to gifts. I was paying attention, but then my dog started wanting to get on the couch. He just had neck surgery, so if I don’t deal with that properly he jumps on the couch and risks injuring himself again. By the time I got him settled, I’d missed 3 or 4 minutes of video. I could’ve scrubbed back, but they were teasing to start the intro of talking about Tower of Doom, so I wanted to see that instead.

If it were a quick text summary, it’d say something like this:

• Gifts are a special kind of item you can give to guildmates, The receiver gets 25 gems. You get them {somehow}.

Once that’s posted, I can read it in 2-3 seconds. I can see it on my phone, link to it, and make sure it gets out there unaltered.

To get to it in the stream, I have to: go to Twitch, find the right VoD, remember where in the video to scrub to, watch 5-10 minutes of the video (pausing to take notes), then write out what I think I saw. If I want to link to it, all I can say is, “Go to Twitch, open the VoD for this date, then scrub to this position and wait 5-10 minutes, ignore the first part because it was wrong, watch all the way to…” etc.

Live video is the easiest thing in the world to publish, and the hardest content for a viewer to digest. Edited video is much better, because it has a natural order and no spurious information. But it’s really hard for the content creator to make. Same with text files: it’s hard to write and edit them compared to just talking into a mic over a stream. But it is fabulously easy for players to digest and spread text.

I feel like the side of the equation that wants to receive money is the side that should be doing the work. Players don’t reliably transcribe video, then Salty has to come back and correct the bad transcription, but by then someone’s already linked to and spread the misinformation… it’s way easier if the devs post text that says “This is how it is.” Gifts are a bad example: that’s a thing maybe people don’t care about so much.

But I promise you until there’s an Official News post about the GW schedule, we’ll see 2-3 shocked threads per day.

I don’t want to make another post about it, but the above is something I’ve always felt. We waste a lot of effort in these forums because of “stuff I heard in a stream”.

1 Like

Um… you mean this? Please don’t tell me you also miss that…

There are two answers:

1. This is nice, in general, I need to stash the link to refer to it.
  2. I still think the GW scheduling change is so important it needs a giant, all-caps stickied thread to stave off the “I didn’t knows”.

That’s as clear as I can make it, posting more is just restating.