Ironhawk is in the forge

It depends on how you measure. If one were to look at all battles played throughout the last week, one would probably find Ironhawk to be by far the most often used mythic troop. One could say that makes it the top 1 mythic, without any really competition.

It only needs to fill a niche. Ironhawk is the very best troop for those who like to farm gnomes, and a lot of players like to farm gnomes. It’s as useful for factions as, say, Irongut is useful for farming gnomes. That’s why you won’t find Ironhawk on a top 5 damage troop list and Irongut on a top 5 farm troop list, just both on the top 5 list of troops most players find incredibly useful in some way. :wink:

2 Likes

The kingdoms works for me with 3x Ironhawk (Outside of GaP):

Sin of Maraj
Dhrak-Zum
Suncrest

I just checked again other kingdoms on your list :
Urskaya has “Prince Barislav” with 22 life+armor and not working.
Pridelands has “Second Claw Anhur” with 22 life+armor and not working.

1 Like

I mean to each their own, but what makes a troop top 5? Zuu for sure, but if your goal is to speed explore 12, I have at least 3 other teams that clear explore 12 not using zuu that are as 95 percent as efficient.

Irongut? No doubt the king of the delves he can be used in, but you can clear 500 delves without him without much trouble.

Pvp? There are so many teams and troops it is hard to say what the meta PVP troop.

Speed during gnoma? There is just no comparison. While every other troop and combo can come close to each other in other game modes, the difference in a double ironhawk team and every other team over a full weekend gnoma is insane. Someone posted the numbers on the discord that I can’t remember right now, but it is huge. (ironhawk turn 1…2 second clear every single time plus load times…row team can turn 1 if 4 match off explode equal to a 4 second clear if 4 match does not combo…but if you don’t 4 match enemy team will get a turn and can 4 match itself. This can last from 5 to 10 seconds before returning to you to finally clear, average time is much much much higher but missing the exact data I read) If you think your Row team or pho team can compete you are wrong.

I started this game in July of last year. Ironhawk was my first dupe mythic. Because of double ironhawk every troop I have is fully traited and mythic…every one. Because of double ironhawk I have 4 copies of Zuu, and so many orbs I have no need for them. Because of Ironhawk I have so many resources, gems, diamonds that I can pick any mythic I want from the soulforge every week. I would have so much less over the last 8 months if I was using a Row team during gnoma.

If you are not the player who wants to maximize the best resource event in the game I can see why ironhawk would not be important. But for anyone that does, he is easily a top 5 mythic, and in my opinion the most important troop in the game right now.

Yes, those two won’t work this week, because of weekly bonus.

Ahhh, you are right. Always forgetting about bonuses.
I did my list long time ago and both kingdoms are in the red zone. Maybe there were other troops with that weeks bonuses.
I’m going to check if there is other troops.

EDIT:
Urskaya is OK. (Checked all legendary troops)
Pridelands not working, Behemoth got 22 without bonuses
Behemoth

EDIT2:
My final list:

Dhark-Zum
Urskaya
Sin of Maraj
Wild Plains

(Suncrest is out. Owleth’s 1st trait gives 2 life to stryx)

agree with your list, but urskaya is not 100%, there can be combos with 21 life + armor.

1 Like

Thanks for the list. I mostly farm gnomes in Sin of maraj.

The weekly bonus always gets me.

With respect, this is not exactly all down to ironhawk. To have the troops and resources of which you speak, you must be playing a hell of a lot, and it just so happens that IH is your preferred method/playstyle and farming gnomes or low level explore is your gig. For non farmers, ironhawk is meh. Back in the day when power orbs needed to be earned, zuul was a real achievement weakened only by vault grinders key hunting like their lives depended on it. The kudos of earning zuul aint what it was because he is so much easier to acquire. I am glad for those who love Ironhawk and can handle the tedium of repetive farming and understand how highly you rank him as a result. Me, i prefer a bit more variety and have always given vault a wide berth and have never really struggled with resources by avoiding it. Sure, i am missing a few mythics, pets and weapons I would never use because i don’t buy campaign pass but I am not a completionist so dont care. Its completionists who struggle with FOMO and can’t bring themselves to leave a game they no longer enjoy. Each player values a game in different ways. Even if i did farm gnomes, I would use IH maybe 3 days a month? Thats why i dont value the troop and you do.

EDIT
i crafted my one and only hawk day 1 of forge and haven’t even considered trying him.

I understand 100%. I see people all the time with near every troop and their delve level is a few thousand. For them High King is worthless.

That being said, in this game and many others games of its type, there always seems to be a group who enjoy the game and don’t care for resource gathering builds and extra time spent. They prefer to play the game at their own speed and enjoy it their own way.

If you don’t want to use a double iron to gather resources, that’s cool.

If you don’t want to use double iron to farm verse gnomes during a vault, especially if you want to level up classes, that is also cool.

If you don’t even use your verse scrolls to start a gnoma, I would say ironhawk is worthless…no reason to even have him

But…even if you don’t play a lot, or spend hours grinding, there is a huge value to using double iron during the 15 minute gnoma. When you activate a gnoma, even if you don’t “care” to grind you are probably still using your fastest or a fast team.

I keep seeing 50% faster than any other team, and Tacet on youtube recently said that as well. I did read a breakdown on discord showing it was higher, but lets stick with 50%.

So lets say you don’t play much but have earned 1000 vault keys since gnoma started. You would have 1500ish. Lets say you earned 100 Epic Vault…that would be 150ish.

two copies of one troop would have given you so much more gems, dimonds, orbs…and that would have required ZERO extra effort on your part. In fact it is actually easier to run double iron during the gnoma so it would have made your most hated way to play the game easier.

Now tell me any other single troop in the game that makes one part of the game that much better? In fact I would argue if you don’t like grinding it might even be a better value since it lessens the sting or even lowers the amount of time you spend doing it to get equal or greater resources.

If you going to do a gnoma anyway, why not use a double iron during that 15 min?

But I agree, if you don’t do a single gnoma it is worthless…

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with your point that dbl hawk in GAP is the best option by far. But my verse gnome spread is currently 30 plus for each of the first 3 and zero verse 4 so I’ve been unlucky in that respect. This is one of the reasons i don’t bother much with vault, you are only as strong as your weakest verse count and that is in the hands of non corrective RNG. So yes I am biased because I don’t explore like the iron hawk fans do and dont get enough GAPS to merit crafting IH 2. Happy farming!

1 Like