Invisible stars in ToD

Platform, device version and operating system: all mobile devices with small screens

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
_ Room rarity in Tower of Doom is no longer easy to spot quickly_

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
post 7.0. I expected the rarity of the rooms in Tower of Doom (and delves, for that matter) to be clearly visible without bringing the phone 10 cm from my face. It used to be possible with old II-V Roman numerals, the stars are illegible when holding a phone in hand, like a typical human being should.

Steps to make it happen again
go to Tower of Doom event, open fight tab, fail to see the stars.

Can we PLEASE get some readibility and legibility hot fix for all these accessibility issues sooner than later? We already had a guild member make a mistake when following a scouted tower map, because the room numbers are no longer clearly visible on small screens, and it hasn’t been even 4 hours since weekly reset.

10 Likes

This was changed for delves as well. Seems like someone didnt understand roman numerals and wanted it changed.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I know. It’s even worse there, as the starting rooms, 1-star (old I room) and inactive / inaccessible rooms are the exact same shade of grey, which exacerbates the visual problem. I hate this change, and I’m afraid it will get buried as a “quality of life” problem nobody will lift a finger to fix for the next 2 years (if at all), because we have more pressing issues to solve with accessibility and legibility. A problem we never asked anyone to “fix”, the old icons were perfectly legible and impossible to mix up, thank you very much. The stars are too small on a phone. Why is everything in the new update so tiny , tiny, tiny?

3 Likes

Because you should play with steam and a 42" OLED.
That match 3 game is no “quick play on a mobile while in public transport”

Also the “for pay” options (campaign, Offers aso) are more expensive on Steam than on Android (IOS is for riched thats why it is most expensive → hence you should use steam for more revenue.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the photo.

I’ll let the dev team know about this feedback and create a quality-of-life request for the development team to take into consideration.

3 Likes

This and the new delve room symbols are extremely difficult for me to read even on PC with a large screen.

3 Likes

Please, add this under “accessibility” and/or “legibility/visibility” issues, to be worked on along with the font size problems and failed font colors for stat numbers on the new card UI (green on red/green background, yellow on yellow, etc.), to be solved / fixed ASAP.

This is not a “quality of life” issue, this is a problem / bug the visual designers of the game created at the time 7.0 was released, even though nobody asked for any change to the way the delve rooms / ToD rooms are presented. This is yet another way that the weird tendency to make everything tinier than tiny shows up.

Roman numerals were easy to read, big enough, and clearly visible at a glance. Stars are too tiny, and need to be counted - it takes more time to understand what’s being presented on the screen than when we had a Roman numeral in there. The only easier way is to use just simple digits - 2, 3, 4… Please, give us back the Roman numerals, at the very least.

7 Likes

Agree, however the room number locations never change so we kinda know by now the order without even looking. Also dunno why there’s no room number 1.

That’s because the rooms used in ToD are the same as those used in delves (or the other way round… chicken and egg problem, I guess). And several delves have 1-star rooms there (on top of the starting rooms), ToDs don’t use such rooms, only 2-5 rooms.

And in delves, seeing the rooms and their rarities is kind of… key when deciding on the path to take. Here, it’s “only” a communication problem between guild members. In delving - it might be a “win or lose” scenario.

I already posted a bug report about the delve rooms soon after 7.0 release - ignored… not even “quality of life” comment posted there. And the issue is worse in delves than in ToDs.

6 Likes

7.0 in a nutshell is if you wear glasses we don’t want you playing our game. Because if you want screen visibility you need to play PQ3 because it’s our new money bag.

6 Likes