[Investigating] Weird league results

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I finished last week, according to what statistics shown me, at the 20th place of Diamond league. Had spend extra time in the last day to not hit “demote” zone.

And then got the reward for being 3rd?! What happens? %)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Actually, I seen similar issue at least once before, after the PvP system changed - I got promoted when I clearly was in the middle, according to score table.

Steps to make it happen again
No idea, but seems ladder score table I see isn’t matched with real scores.

2 Likes

As stated on the release notes for this new PVP system, you can be in more than one guild list. So, the one you can see yourself you finished in 20th, in other guild you cannot see you achieved 3rd place. Happend to me, happened to lots of players. It’s one more absurd this new system is doing. It’s not a bug. It’s intended until they decide if this will be the new normal or make some other mess.

1 Like

I believe the system generates a PvP “bubble” for each individual player. As such, I also believe the system rewards you at the end of the week based on your best ranking in all of the bubbles you’re included in. If there isn’t an RNG factor in the generation of bubbles, each player should be in 30 of them.

I run into the same “issue” most weeks, where I get rewards better than those I would otherwise have obtained just based on the bracket I can see when I hit the Ladders tab on the PvP screen. For example, I pushed hard last night to finish 3rd in my bubble – and several thousand points behind 2nd place – but I woke up to 2nd place prizes anyhow.

Hello :slight_smile:

@Smiling_Spectre1

Please provide your Invite Code for further investigation.

Hi, Bramble.

My invite code is SMILING SPECTRE

Good luck getting anything other than a contemptuous ‘working as intended’ in response to your (and countless other people’s) issue.

1 Like