[Investigating] Visk and The Gray King spells don't work as they should against submerge

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox One, game up-to-date

Screenshot or image:
Not needed.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

I found an incosistency between these two spells and the way they interact with submerge.

Visk:
Deal damage to an enemy. Deal bonus damage to all enemies that use Yellow Mana and Burn them.

The Gray King:
Destroy all Gems of a chosen Color. All Enemies of that Color take true damage, and are Mana drained, Silenced, and Frozen.

Both target enemies based on one mana color and could in both cases land their spells onto 0 to all 4 enemies depending on enemy team composition.

What is wrong here is that when having a Yellow troop submerged on the AI side, Visk will not land the second part of its spell (the bonus damage part), however TGK will, to the whole extent of its spell.
Both should hit or neither. Devs please pick one and fix. Thank you

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Probably since ever these troops were introduced. I noticed this today playing Bounty Hunter, where there is a Visk in the AI level 20 team I believe.

Steps to make it happen again
_Cast Visk’s and TGK’s spells on yellow submerge enemies and watch how it doesn’t work in the same way even though they should.

6 Likes