[Investigating] Vanishing cursor

Platform, device version and operating system:
pc/mobile, asus chromebook chrome OS
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
every time i click the mouse in game my cursor disappears and i have to scroll the mouse ball or hit a keyboard key or click again for it to reappear

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
it happens every time i click and has only been an issue since this weeks update

Steps to make it happen again
just click any where in the game and it vanishes

1 Like

to be clear i tried reinstalling the game and restarting the device multiple times it didnt help

Same thing here
Acer Chromebook, chrome os

Hey!

This was also reported in the 6.3 patch notes and we had some follow up questions.

full screen, im not sure chromebooks have different resolution? and no i cant because if i click the keys to take a ss the cursor comes back but ill try taking a picture through my tablet

20220527 042538 - YouTube this is a video i took and the cursor only came back when i rolled the scroll ball on the mouse and this happens with or without the mouse

I’ve found a temporary workaround which makes the game playable

“enable “highlight mouse cursor” in the accessibility settings. A red ring will appear around your cursor. Even if your cursor disappears, that red ring will still show, so you can still see where your cursor is”

1 Like

thx ill try this

Hey @s-wolff
I’m just following up with you on this.

Does your chromebook have a touch screen?
As the mouse pointer in your video is your operating system’s graphic.

Gems of War has a custom mouse pointer graphic. So it appears your device isn’t really recognising the mouse properly.

I would suggest ensuring your mouse drivers are up to date as well as ChromeOS.

If this doesn’t work let me know and I’ll pass the info onto the team.

my device constantly updates and it is only this game giving me problems and it never did until i updated to the new version it is not a touch screen it is a track pad/usb mouse and both have the same issue