[Investigating] Ursuvius does not Enrage when taking damage

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting Ursuvius’ Raging trait to work as written. What happened was that Urska Dragoon cast its spell at Ursuvius but Ursuvius did not become Enraged.

Either fix the trait so it works as written, or rewrite it (in correct English) so the description is accurate. My guess is that it should read, “Enrage myself when I take damage to Life.” But why damage to Armour doesn’t also Enrage it, I don’t know.

While you’re at it, please fix the English text of the Bloodlust trait and the Bloodrage spell. You could easily find all of these errors by simply dumping your JSON files into Google Docs and letting its grammar checker flag all the errors. I’ve done it myself. It would take less than an hour to fix every trait and spell in the game.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Epic Trial IV. Probably always, given your atrocious track record with bugs.

I think we’re all heartily sick and tired of reporting this kind of incompetence – and usually never seeing it fixed.

4 Likes

Agree. I believe their logic is Armor is what you’re wearing, so YOU"RE not damaged. Life is you, so that’s the damage you need to take to trigger the spell.

1 Like

You can make up any old excuse after the fact. One way or another, this is still a bug.

I’m trying to treat these people as technical professionals. I don’t want them responding like politicians. Or anyone encouraging them to do so.

5 Likes

Notably, this trait appears unique to Ursuvius…

Do we have a pattern yet? e.g. does it only count damage to Life, does it only count Skull damage, etc? Let’s at least figure out how it is operating … compare Frenzy (Orc Cunning, etc) which count all reductions to Armor or life from any source.

1 Like

There are other troops that have an effect when “Damaged”, but it usually counts as armor. Crab Man, for example has Aquatic and even if a skull blows up and he has full armor, he’s going underwater.

There ARE however, skills that only have an effect when they take damage to life, and it seems this troop should have that verbiage instead.

Xerodar, for example casts deathmark when he takes damage to life.

4 Likes