[Investigating] Payload Too Large: kicking guild member

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

Screenshot or image:
2021_10_10_08_11_50

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I kicked a guild member but then the game hung. It showed the loading icon but nothing happened. Just loading and loading…

The game sometimes hangs on connecting, this isnt new, and previously I fix that by switching between wifi and data. When I did that though, I got a new error I have never seen before: Payload Too Large.

I tap Retry, then the game says the hero was kicked. Tap Okay and get the Payload error again. Click Retry and well, the error messages just keep cycling.

I restarted the game. Hero wasn’t in guild anymore. Then I went to kick someone else and the exact same problem happened again.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is the first time. Maybe a 5.7 bug? Don’t know.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Kick guild member.
  2. Enjoy the forever loading screen.
  3. Switch between wifi and data.
  4. Enjoy the cycling error messages.
2 Likes

Must have been a really fat really lazy one :rofl:

Our GM has been complaining about having trouble kicking members at least for a few weeks now, I thought she was just too sentimental… but she plays on ios…

Hey!

This error message can appear when the game runs into a problem when an action has lagged or not loaded is attempted in quick succession a number of times.

For example, if the “kick” or “retry” button is repeatedly tapped after an initial failure the first time.

The system tries to call all the actions at once, and then you get this ‘Payload Too Large’ error.

Let me know if this error message is ongoing though!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like

Thanks @Jeto. I legit don’t recall if I angry spammed it or not. :sweat_smile: I’ll find out next time I kick and report back.

1 Like