[Investigating] Merchant and genie show up in Gnome-a-palooza

Steam, on a PC, latest Windows.

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
There I was, about 1/2 way through my GaP when the Merchant appeared, later a Genie, then another Merchant. I was under the impression that during GaPs this was NOT supposed to happen.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
The only weirdness prior was I had connectivity issues, so I turned my WiFi on and off to re-establish connection. That’s when they started. I’m guessing some state about what was happening (a GaP) got lost for the gift-givers, tho gnomes appeared just fine. I am not really willing to try this again to see if the same bug happens – those GaPs aren’t free.

8 Likes

I wonder if this might not affect other parts of GaP. Did you notice an increased number of verse gnomes? Those are supposed to show up much less frequently during GaP, similar to how merchants are not supposed to show up at all.

That I didn’t notice at all. But I don’t when Gapping notice much, just blindly poke at the screen to cast my magic and move on. The gift-givers, however, were very noticeable.

Hello :slight_smile:

Just a couple quick questions to investigate.

• What is your invite code? (Found in Settings Menu, bottom left in all CAPS)

• What type of battle were you playing?

AMAZONJAX

I was doing e1 explores for my GaP. I don’t recall which kingdom, however.