[investigating] Astral Spire - Volcano (Gold) applies Burn to hero team

I can confirm that the new Volcano Astral Aspire node applies the 5 burn damage effect to your own troops.

Easier to program of course, but just lazy when these nodes are supposed to give the player an advantage.

2 Likes

Do you happen to have a video? As I just tested with my live account and didn’t have anyone on my team get the Burn condition


(this was posted before you specified the Wildfire node)

I also tried after unlocking both of the Gold nodes, which are related to burn. The capstone is not related to burn.

Platform:
IOS

What you were expecting to happen
I was expecting the opponent to be set alight at the start of the battle on 15% of occasions.

I just did more than 50 explore battles, and it didn’t occur. Not once.

Steps to make it happen again
Unlock the node, hope that it works, and notice that it never does.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Since the spire board was released earlier today.

2 Likes

Since posting this, I’ve noticed it happen (but not sure if I exploded a burning gem). Will keep a closer eye out.

Moved you back into here, as I mentioned, I haven’t been able to repro this on my live account so far - Just had a battle as well where the Wildfire node triggered and none of my troops were affected

I just did another 50 explore battles and I had the burn effect 3 times.

What I did notice was that curse (from the Bat spire) applied much more regularly.

I also noticed that never did curse and burn both apply at the same time.

So a hypothesis could be that these nodes have NOT been programmed as independent stacking events, and if curse applies, then burn cannot be also applied. This could explain why I’m not seeing burn apply (on average) every seventh battle.

2 Likes

No video, but here are two screen shots, 1 move apart, where you can see all 3 of my burning troops lose 5 armour points.

3 Likes

can definitely confirm the extra burn damage (intense heat) is also applying to players. kinda lame honestly. Not much of a bonus if its harming players and we can’t get our star stones back/turn the node off either.

1 Like